cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US talk/text/data roaming add ons, what do I need???

thebeem9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Newbie question - I'm from Canada but in the US for a month, and signed up for Public Mobile down here, had a SIM mailed to a friend who brought it down to me.

I built my own plan:

$30 unlimited talk to canada/US plan

$10 unlimited international text and

$10 1 gb 4LG data

I mistakenly assumed roaming was included. Then discovered I had to buy roaming on top of all that, so then I got the 10 day add ons:

$20 US roaming talk text 250 gb data AND

$15 US roaming talk text

I'm feeling like I doubled up here, and didn't need the original $10 unlimited international text or the $10 1 gb data - or did I??  I'm pretty sure the 1 gb of data was a waste. Ugh, no refunds or cancelleations right?

Now I have used up the 10 day roaming add ons, and it's time to by another round, but now it looks like talk, text and data are all separate, there doesn't appear to be any bundles.

Help!!!

4 REPLIES 4

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thebeem9 May be you should get Roam Mobility for having a longer stay in the States.  You can have a few days or a month. https://roammobility.com/ Get a sim card and activate online. Or you can get a free calling app such as TextNow or Fongo to call North America for free. But you have to have wifi or data to do make call or text. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thebeem9 wrote:

Yes, the text and talk were working. And the add on options are there, just not as a bundle like they were 10 days ago.

So basically I've wasted $52 getting the basic plan?

Sigh.  To good to be true strikes again. Ugh.

VERY frustrating and confusing. why why why why why why

thanks for your reply @Anonymous

It would have been more economical for you if you had got the $10 plan and then the roaming add-ons.

You also "wasted" money on the other roaming add-on if you had bought them at the same time. Wait...did you buy the $20 and the $15 at different times (maybe 10 days apart) or at the same time?

But why do it this way at all? Why wouldn't you get a US SIM and just use that service while there?

thebeem9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, the text and talk were working. And the add on options are there, just not as a bundle like they were 10 days ago.

So basically I've wasted $52 getting the basic plan?

Sigh.  To good to be true strikes again. Ugh.

VERY frustrating and confusing. why why why why why why

thanks for your reply @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thebeem9 

Your roaming talk and text were working? I had understood that doubling them up wouldn't work.

You might need to wait one skip day and then you might see the roaming add-ons again. Just buy one of the talk or one of the text add-ons or one of the bundles. You can buy more than one different data to stack them up but not more of the same one.

Confusing isn't it? 🙂

Your base plan doesn't enter into it. Just the roaming.

Need Help? Let's chat.