cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add Ons

wdaxley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently purchased US Talk, Text and Data.  While in the US my phone would not registrar onto the Network.  75% of the time in the US my phone did not work.  I think I should get a refund.  I also find it extremely frustrating trying to get help from Public Mobile.

2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wdaxley 

When you connected to a US tower to use your roaming bundle after enabling roaming did you?

1. Reboot your phone.
  2. Manually select either at&t or T-Mobile?

Due to the decommissioning of the 3G network being almost complete voice services are sketchy at best with at&t and not much better with T-Mobile and soon to be nonexistent officially by July 1st 2022 but may last a little longer in some areas.

If you did not manually select your network your service would constantly scanning for either provider's best signal rather than locking on and remaining with one provider. If one provider's signal became unreliable you could manually switch to the other. 

But I agree that the lack of voice services would warrant at least $5 credited back to your account.

The voice services issue will continue until telus enables VoLTE calling for pm customers. The workaround is to purchase just one of the US Roaming data add on s. Download a voip provider's app such as textnow and choose a Canadian phone #. You will recieve incoming pm SMS regardless of any US Roaming add ons. Use the textnow app for incoming/outgoing calls and SMS texts. MMS can be sent and recieved on mobile data and mobile data is mobile data. Textnow also works on Wi-Fi as well as mobile data. You can leave a message on your voicemail while away that you can be reached on your textnow phone # for said amount of time.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wdaxley I can’t say I blame you there have been a lot of issues lately   you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Need Help? Let's chat.