cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two missing sim cards

dirk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a sim 7 November (for the then current promo), and it was missing in action. I messaged Brooke_C on 16 November about it and he said that he will send out a second one and let me keep the promo plan.

Currently nothing has arrived. I messaged Brooke_C again on 26 November and so far he hasn't sent anything back. So do I order another one and call Visa to reverse the charges on the first one? What are my options?

4 REPLIES 4

dirk

I got my sim. For the record, it took about 3 days. About how long should I wait before porting a number? I'm thinking overnight should be fine.

I'm currently waiting a bit to see if the mod I messaged can bump me to the promo plan, but as its after 6pm I'm thinking it might change in the morning.

My phone, SMS, MMS, and data works. So I think it should be fine to port my number. If I use my current number as the alternate contact, will that break the port?

Thanks

dirk

Alright, I ordered another sim so hopefully one of the 3 will appear. I recently got a confirmation that they sent it out so it should appear before Friday.

Unfortunately I'm in Calgary so your sim won't help much. Thanks though.

@dirk Follow @mimmo_L's suggestions; just keep track of your SIM order confirmation then you can follow the instructions here.

Once you have set up your account, private message any moderator to request credit for the lost SIM(s) for which you paid.

While you are waiting this is useful reading.

and if you plan to transfer your current phone number:

- do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile, if coming from Koodo 

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

If you can get to Mississauga, I have a spare SIM.

BEWARE: I am not a moderator. While I am happy to receive private messages do not expect a quick response.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

just order another one.  it will arrive in 2 days (that is what happeneded with my last two since promo ended).  after things get back to normal message the mods  and see options about getting a refund.  else wait until they can get back to you 12+ days currently. 

yo will tehn activate under the 6gb plan and message teh mods with your orriginal order number and ask them to upgrade your service. currently 12+ days wait time.

I am pretty sure you will save more $ by ordering now  and activating  than waiting 12ish days + 2 days shippinmg for a new sim

worst case you will have an extra sim card to use as a spare or to refer a friend in the other one arrives.

Need Help? Let's chat.