cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles Porting In and Creating Ticket

neilc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported over from speakout and can not dial out.  Dialing in goes straight to voicemail.

I pulled out the SIM and restarted with no resolution.

Trying to open a ticket and I get a login error with this account and can't log in to create a ticket.

7 REPLIES 7

@gpixel wrote:

@neilc the reason you can't create a ticket is because your self serve account wasn't created because of the failed port

In the case of an online activation, the self serve account would be created and the number (from Speakout if the port in was requested during activation) would be associated with the account even if the porting fails. Public Mobile has no way of knowing if the port will succeed or fail when someone submits the request. 

In the case of a retail store activation, the self account could also still be created properly. Even if a number port fails text messages from within the Telus family of wirless brands still get delivered, meaning that the verification code needed to create such a self serve account should get delivered.  I do realze that in this case, nothing is working, but not having a access to a self serve acount doesn't prevent someone submitting a ticket through SIMon. A member should still be able to submit a ticket by using the Public Mobile account PIN as account owner verification.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@neilc the reason you can't create a ticket is because your self serve account wasn't created because of the failed port

@neilc wrote:

I just ported over from speakout and can not dial out.  Dialing in goes straight to voicemail.

I pulled out the SIM and restarted with no resolution.

Trying to open a ticket and I get a login error with this account and can't log in to create a ticket.

There may not be an actual porting issue. Even if porting has failed or if someone made up fake credentials for a number requested to be porting in, outgoing calls should still work.

By any chance is your phone a 2g GSM-only device?

@neilc wrote:

I have logged in to both and it won't take my login credentials for to create the ticket.  It says error logging in.  Obviously the login and password are correct since I can post in the forum.

@neilc this is the Community.  You were able to login in your Community account.  The self-serve account is different.  Your username on your self-serve account is your email address.  I don't think you had created a self-serve account.  Create one now here.

If you are porting your number, you have to wait a few hours for porting to complete.  If your porting is stacked, contact the moderators.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page, type “port request" >> Contact moderator >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team using the link provided by @kb_mv   You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@neilc Try direct messaging them via the link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

neilc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have logged in to both and it won't take my login credentials for to create the ticket.  It says error logging in.  Obviously the login and password are correct since I can post in the forum.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@neilc , when you create a ticket, there are two logins in the process.  The first login is for the community account.  The second login is for your self serve account.  The reason for the two are for security reasons.  They need to make sure that the account the ticket information goes into is actually yours.  Ditto for the self serve account they will work on.   

Need Help? Let's chat.