cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Activating Account - Please Help!

HLONDONH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

I tried to activate my SIM card yesterday and after porting my number and putting my credit card payment info, I got this message under transaction summary.

"Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I tried to log in, but it kept failing. I already messaged 4 mods @Shazia_K , @Mary_M@Simon_O@MarieHelene_L last night. I haven't heard anything and no one has read my message. What can I do? I need a phone service urgently...

Please help! I really appreciate all your help 🙂 

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

@HLONDONH If your issue has been resolved, please mark @Mary_M suggestion as accepted solution. 

If if its a common issue (not private) and the troubleshooting steps can help others, please share them with us. 

Thank you. 

HLONDONH

Great looks like Mary was here for the rescue.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You're most welcome, and I'm glad I could help 🙂 

We're happy to have you join the PM Family!! @HLONDONH Please let me know if you ever have any questions.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

HLONDONH

Awesome! Glad to hear that. Thank you for your fast reply, @Mary_M. Happy to be a member of Public Mobile 🙂 I will message you if the problem doesn't get resolved. Thanks 🙂 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @HLONDONH,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced a failed activation. I do have some good news for you - please view your private messages for the resolution 😉

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

FYI, others ideas...

• Make sure to spell your name the same way and to use the same address in your Public Mobile account than in your credit card account.
  • You can also pay with vouchers that you buy in stores. Also note that you'll earn the autopay reward as long as you have a credit card saved in your account with autopay enabled, even if you use vouchers to top up your account before the autopay payment is processed.

HLONDONH

Oh thank you! It is my first time using Public Mobile and also this community. I was not sure how the system works around here. Thanks for letting me know guys! 🙂 Hopefully a mod get back to me shortly.

@Someone_here wrote:

Hi @HLONDONH!

I your case I would definitively try the 3rd point:

Sorry, I meant the 4th point, the one in bold 😉

@HLONDONH  Jsut to let you know, there is no need to message four moderators, once you message one they will all be able to see it.

Also if you messaage last night, they would have only started at 9:00 am EST today, so would take a little tim to get to you.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @HLONDONH!

I'm sorry you're having problems, contacting the mods was probably the good solution for your problem.

There are sometimes small bugs/glitches in the system. While waiting for their answers, here are some things you might want to try. I your case I would definitively try the 3rd point:

• If you want to port a number, I suggest you first choose a temporary new number for the activation process, and then port your number once this first step works.
  • If you are porting from Telus or Koodoo, I suggest you use a different email address in your Public Mobile account than in your Telus/Koodoo account.
  • If you already have one or more other accounts with Public Mobile, please note that one credit card can be used with a maximum of two accounts.
  • Try using a different browser / using private mode on your browser / deleting all Public Mobile cookies from your browser
  • Also, be sure to include the phone number of the person who referred you so they can earn their reward! (and if you were not referred by someone, I'll be happy to give you my number in a private message, just send me one or reply to this post 😉 )

I hope your problem will be solved quickly 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.