cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number

Hongdo17041974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I just tried to transfer my phone number from public mobile to Freedom mobile but they need a confirmation from public mobile, how do I do that? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Hongdo17041974 wrote:

How can i contact Mod? Can you send me a link or something? I have lost in this web 😅

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Hongdo17041974

How can i contact Mod? Can you send me a link or something? I have lost in this web 😅

@Hongdo17041974  proper way is to get a new PM sim , for $10, and request a SIM swap .

Once the SIM is swapped, you can receive text and can compete the port.

If you don't want to pay, you can try to contact Mod to see if they will do a you a favour.. but I am not 100% they will

Hongdo17041974

My public mobile number is still active, but because I lost my phone so I don’t have the PB SIM with me right now, I got new Freedom mobile SIM and I want to keep my old number from PB, I called Freedom already and they asked me to contact with PB for confirmation 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hongdo17041974 wrote:

Hi there, I just tried to transfer my phone number from public mobile to Freedom mobile but they need a confirmation from public mobile, how do I do that? 

@Hongdo17041974 

Contact Freedom for details when porting TO Freedom:

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/support/can-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number--generic-phone--en...

@softech 

Made the change. Thanks for catching that!

👍

@BKNS27  OP is porting out to Freedom...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hongdo17041974 

Leave your PM SIM in the phone then wait for a text from them and answer with YES to start the porting process. You have 90 minutes window to respond to text. Power off your phone and swap the PM SIM and install the Freedom SIM then power on the phone.

Or go to a Freedom store to have them do it for you.

Sorry to see you go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hongdo17041974 : The new provider is supposed to help you with porting-to-them questions.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hongdo17041974  is your account with PM still active?  you need to have an active account with PM to port your number out.  

You will get a text from PM to confirm if you are leaving, you will have to reply YES within 90 mins.

Need Help? Let's chat.