cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking SIM order from PM

troy77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I ordered SIM cards directly from PM site 7 business days ago but it hasn't arrive yet. I tried tracking from CanadaPost using the order number, and it says it is "In Transit" and that Canada Post received shipment from originating facility in Mississauga. The delivery address is also in the GTA and Canada Post has an expected delivery date of 1 day after shipment---so it's now 5 days off.

Is there no way to get this shipment moving? It's very frustrating. I ordered from PM directly thinking it will actually be faster. I'm now regretting and should have ordered from amazon.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

troy77

@computergeek541Thanks for your comments.

I'm not saying the ticket will lead to anything productive, or that Canada Post will actually trace it. And you're right, and I agree, they most probably just flag it in their system so that if it ever comes up in a scan, they get alerted to it. But in all probability, given this late, the package is probably lost in the ether.

All I'm saying is that at least my  ticket was not ignored and there's a promise to keep me updated and followed up after a certain date---not quite satisfactory but probably the best I could ask for in this situation (me being the receiver, as trace/complaints/claims usually originates from the sender), and given alternative recourse.

Plus I'm satisfied by the way the @CS_Agent  handled the situation when I contacted them.

@troy77, but did they open a trace/search/investigation?  Even when a trace is open where they supposedly look for an item, I'm not entirely certain that shipping companies actually physically look for the item. I believe that it probably just puts a code into the computer indicating that the packages is late, and that if the barcode gets scanned in again,  it might be re-categorized to a higher delivery proritiy.

For something such a sim card, I believe that no one at Canada Post or Public Mobile will try to track this shipment down for you, despite anything that you might be told. It's just easier for everyone involved if Public Mobile just sent another sim card to you, espeically when the tracking results show that it should already be there and there's no confirmation that it did actually arrive.

troy77

@computergeek541  It seems like Canada Post does do something, although to what extent, I don't know.

I opened a ticket (as a receiver) using the form on their support page: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=how_to_resolve_undel&cattype=kb&cat=receivi... 

And today, I got this response.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Canada Post Customer Service. Please find below the details of the service ticket we have opened in response to your request.

Service Ticket Details

Topic: Inquiry - Item not delivered
Ticket Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Submitted: 2019/11/xx
Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

The security of the mail is a top priority at Canada Post. We are committed to taking the measures necessary to protect the mail, recognizing that we hold a special position of trust and accountability for the mail we deliver on behalf of Canadians.

We will continue to monitor the progress of the item and send you email updates as additional scans become available. (There may be a slight delay between the moment your item is scanned and when you receive the email update.)

You will be notified as soon as the delivery of your item is confirmed or once a delivery attempt has been made and a Delivery Notice Card left advising the time and location where the item can be picked up.

In the event we are unable to confirm delivery in our tracking system by 2019/xx/xx, we will advise you by email of next steps.

You can continue to monitor the status of your item  online. If you have any questions, please call 1-800- xx-xxxx and reference the ticket number identified above.

Sincerely,
Canada Post Customer Service

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

5 days is quite late so it's best to contact CP to find out what happened. Sim may have been lost at some point along the way.

Canada Post can't/won't help if the receiver contacts them. My experiences have always been that they always tell you that any request needs to be made by the sender, whether it's an insurance claim, a request for them to find the package, or if there's an address correction needed. They pretty much won't even talk to the receiver, nor can they tell you anything other than what it says on the tracking page. 

My experiences have been the same when I send stuff too. The person at the receiving end will tell me that Canada Post says that I (the shipper)  has to contact the carrier.

troy77

Thanks, everyone.

I followed the suggestions here and contacted the Moderators. I must say, I'm amazed at the speed at which everyone in the community and the moderators responded.

Thanks!

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

5 days is quite late so it's best to contact CP to find out what happened. Sim may have been lost at some point along the way.

@deskinkle wrote:

I too am having the same problem.  It has been 8 days waiting for a Sim card that I thought I'd have in a couple of days.  I can't track mine.  All I received was an email to say that my order was confirmed.  The only thing I know for sure is they have collected my money, albeit $ 11.30.  

Go to canadapost.ca and track using your order number. It will search for a reference number and show tracking. You said it doesn't let you track, so if it's not letting you make a ticket in simon, send a private message to Moderator_Team.

deskinkle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I too am having the same problem.  It has been 8 days waiting for a Sim card that I thought I'd have in a couple of days.  I can't track mine.  All I received was an email to say that my order was confirmed.  The only thing I know for sure is they have collected my money, albeit $ 11.30.  And with Simon, the virtual assistant, I am able to fill out the form explaining the problem, but it will not submit.  This whole experience has been terribly frustrating and I am beginning to regret my decision to go this route.  Lesson learned.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@troy77 , if Canada Post has the item already, then any follow up has to be with them.  Public Mobile has done their part by giving the order to Canada Post.  I am in the GTA also.  My orders have never taken more than 3 days from time of order to arrive in my mail box.  Usually it is 2 days.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@troy77  you can click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket. The moderators will get back to you probably this morning but can take till tomorrow.  If you need the Sim to get the black Friday deal you could go to a Walmart, the mobile shop or London drugs! 

Need Help? Let's chat.