cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My new plan just topped up 1st time, on top of the low low prices I got my $2.00 credit for auto top up AND I got a community credit Whooo hooo, Thank you PM   Smiley Very Happy

10 REPLIES 10

@powerg21 wrote:

I should not have to check my credit card account each month to ensure the payment has been made. That somewhat defeats the purpose of auto-top up.  Auto-top up should allow me to not have to worry about payment. In my case, the only reason why it would ever fail is forgetting to enter the new credit card after the old one expires.  If it fails no apparent reason, then there is something wrong with the payment system.  

You are right something SOMETIMES go wrong with th autopay payment and the only thing to prevent that is to put money in your available funds before the renewal date... when you think of it and the month you forget pray that everything will go well. I never had bad issue with autopay..

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I should not have to check my credit card account each month to ensure the payment has been made. That somewhat defeats the purpose of auto-top up.  Auto-top up should allow me to not have to worry about payment. In my case, the only reason why it would ever fail is forgetting to enter the new credit card after the old one expires.  If it fails no apparent reason, then there is something wrong with the payment system.  

jeremiah10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Powerg21
Please make sure the payment has been taken out of your card. Sometimes the auto payment credit takes a little time to reflect back into account. If youre worried you did not recieve it please contact the MOD team as they will be able to see where the issue is.
Hope this was able to help, Enjoy your day.

powerg21

These are valid reasons why auto-top off fail. I am more concerned with when auto-top fails for no apparent reason. So, if my credit card is in good standings, will auto-top ever fail? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@powerg21 wrote:

Why would auto-top off not work. My wife has a Koodo pre-paid for years and she does not have any problems with auto-top with them. This is unacceptable if auto-top does not work 100%. 

Address change, credit limit reached, card expired, if prepaid - balance spent.

Off the top of my thick head.

powerg21

Why would auto-top off not work. My wife has a Koodo pre-paid for years and she does not have any problems with auto-top with them. This is unacceptable if auto-top does not work 100%. 

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

thanks for the advice, I might just do that

It works great, till it doesn't. Sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off (by manually adding funds) in advance as this process will prevent the most common and preventable reason that your account goes into suspension.

jeremiah10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Denis2
Public mobile is a great way to help friends and family save the most by doing the least. Keep on continuing to refer friends, participate on community and do auto payment. YOU can get your plan to $0/month. Public is a great company that gives back to its community.
Enjoy your day!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@denis2, thanks for the great feedback.  The things you highlighted are some of the reasons why many of us are using this service and love it.  The base price is reasonable (for Canadian rates) and the rewards help to temper the monthly costs. 

Need Help? Let's chat.