cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cheapest plan ever!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

As my kids would say to us when they have a great day....the best day ever!

I am changing my plan from the $40 plan to the $15 plan. With my monthly rewards of $9, I am paying the cheapest monthly plan ever, at $6 bucks. (okay, granted, the best plan would be zero, as in having no phone, but...)

Gas at the moment is 89.9, and my plan is $6...my question is, I guess if I really want my plan to go to zero, I should refer a friend is my better chance of accomplishing this, even though, they are stuck with staying with the big three?

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 10.32.50 PM.png

73 REPLIES 73

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Agreed with the replies here.. I just signed up about 2 months ago and already have $6 off! 3 referrals, auto pay, and $1 community rewards. I'm paying only $19 instead of $25.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations @mpcdesign on going down to the cheapest PM plan currently available.

@mpcdesign @JoyLuck , just saying the more that this gets talked about the greater risk of enforcement of the official statement

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mpcdesign wrote:

@ShawnC13 , so, my account would get the $4 (autopay and loyalty) as credit, and the $15 from a community reward would be applied to my account to pay for it. 

Did I read this right?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Officially you can earn enough rewards to cover the cost of your plan and no more.  Unofficially some people have seen the extra rewards go into Available Funds for next renewal

Not sure which rewards would be what but in the end you would have $4 in available funds after your renewal.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 , so, my account would get the $4 (autopay and loyalty) as credit, and the $15 from a community reward would be applied to my account to pay for it. 

Did I read this right?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Officially you can earn enough rewards to cover the cost of your plan and no more.  Unofficially some people have seen the extra rewards go into Available Funds for next renewal

Anonymous
Not applicable

It kinda overall makes sense. What else are they gonna do. Everything flows in and out of Available Funds. Including renewals first. So in those promos of the referrer getting some credit for each referral...would they stop at your plan cost? No. Refer away. Add up as much as you like in your Available Funds. Then you are carrying a balance for however long it takes to whittle it down through each renewal.

@mpcdesign wrote:

Okay, so am paying $15 a month now. With a guarantee $4 a month ($2 for Autopay, $2 for Loyalty). I don't include Community rewards because I have no clue how much time I put into it or if I even make it to top 50%!

So, if by chance, I am in the top 1% (highly unlikely!), but this is a hypothetical question anyways, if I get it, by total rewards would be $19. Would Public Mobile then credit me the $4 bucks, or am a poop out of luck?

Andu_S_0-1586450024517.png

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Okay, so am paying $15 a month now. With a guarantee $4 a month ($2 for Autopay, $2 for Loyalty). I don't include Community rewards because I have no clue how much time I put into it or if I even make it to top 50%!

So, if by chance, I am in the top 1% (highly unlikely!), but this is a hypothetical question anyways, if I get it, by total rewards would be $19. Would Public Mobile then credit me the $4 bucks, or am a poop out of luck?

Andu_S_0-1586450024517.png

Pawprints1986

@Korth ohhh ok so they haven't actually been used... That's why I was thinking they replenish because seeing the 0 usage, thought the screen cap reflected renewal, not that you hadn't used it yet. 

Makes more sense now though 🙂

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

I am changing my plan from the $40 plan to the $15 plan. With my monthly rewards of $9, I am paying the cheapest monthly plan ever, at $6 bucks. (okay, granted, the best plan would be zero, as in having no phone, but...)

Only 6 referrals now and you'll be living the dream! 😉

Because of a promotion in December when PM was giving $20 for each referral to the person who referred the new customer, as well as the usual $10 to the new customer, my wife's line is now free until like October or November with the $15 plan!  Basically more than 1.5 months free for each referral. 🕺

@Pawprints1986

My promo/gift/freebie add-ons have all been sitting on both accounts, unused month after month. Alongside a couple add-ons I actually purchased, lol a growing collection.

But there were some promo add-ons (which didn't apply to me) which were conditional. Some would fall off account if/when the customer switched away from the original promo plan to a cheaper plan. Others would expire after six months, I think, though I can't recall if they were treated as add-ons or as extra plan provisions.

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

@darlicious so even the promo free ones roll over? Or is that a monthly free gb promo that replenishes each month? 

it is a onetime add-on that rolls over until fully consumed.  It doesn't replenish each 30 day cycle

@Pawprints1986  When its an add on it always rolls over.

Pawprints1986

@darlicious so even the promo free ones roll over? Or is that a monthly free gb promo that replenishes each month? 

@Pawprints1986  Add ons stay as long as theres something left....data ...minutes.....

That promo was the August 19th thanks for being a pm customer in 2019.

Pawprints1986

For those who have the 1gb add-on promo, how did you get it? If you change plans are you screwed out of it? I can't remember if I already asked this or just meant to, lol

@mpcdesign  Wow thats the first time ive heard of the pillow fight defense in the picking of ones own solution....erroneously or not! Lol....the start of some pm folklore. I might need to use that one in a future apology.....

@mpcdesign , the cheapest plan is FREE, work on referrals and it can happen to you.  There are many people here that have FREE service.

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Likely much sooner than a decade

@mpcdesign wrote:

@ShawnC13 and @Naepalm, it was supposed to be the @darlicious solution where she suggested the plan change. I have so many windows opens in Public Mobile, that I must have clicked the wrong window as I was getting my head bashed in by a pillow fight with my kids. 

If you reverse it and apply the solution this comment, that would be awesome:

@darlicious wrote:

@Naepalm  As per the advice i gave @mpcdesign you might want consider picking up one of the $15 1gb data add ons while they are still available. If you downgrade to the $15 plan it will be a nice little buffer to dip into if a little extra data is needed and will just stay onbyour account til you do finally deplete it. In a way it gives you the $25 plan for $5 more but rather than the 1gb resetting every 30 days used or not it will remain as yoou use it here and there. The new 1.25gb data plan for $30 but only a one time extra $15. I bought a couple for my $10 plan to just sit there til needed sometime In the future when I actually start to use that account.

Somebody already made the switch by the time I got back in here

@Naepalm, nobody really knows. Only the high power at Public Mobile knows. I don't think the Oracles or Moderators know either. 

I added 2G LOL. How long is the savings in place? 

@darlicious 

@mpcdesign  i figured as much 🙂

@ShawnC13 and @Naepalm, it was supposed to be the @darlicious solution where she suggested the plan change. I have so many windows opens in Public Mobile, that I must have clicked the wrong window as I was getting my head bashed in by a pillow fight with my kids. 

If you reverse it and apply the solution this comment, that would be awesome:

@darlicious wrote:

@Naepalm  As per the advice i gave @mpcdesign you might want consider picking up one of the $15 1gb data add ons while they are still available. If you downgrade to the $15 plan it will be a nice little buffer to dip into if a little extra data is needed and will just stay onbyour account til you do finally deplete it. In a way it gives you the $25 plan for $5 more but rather than the 1gb resetting every 30 days used or not it will remain as yoou use it here and there. The new 1.25gb data plan for $30 but only a one time extra $15. I bought a couple for my $10 plan to just sit there til needed sometime In the future when I actually start to use that account.

@ShawnC13  I have seen a few post where people pick their own post LOL. Im sure it was an accident on @mpcdesign 

@mpcdesign how do you pick a part as a solution to an item that is a discussion not a question.  Especially your post in your thread?

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Naepalm, with these uncertain times, it made sense for me to cut down on expenses. I have always been a frugal kind of man. Although, other times I am not.

For example, if I go to travel to a new city, my first day is a good meal, not some fast food joint. And on my last day in this new city, it is followed up with a good meal too. But, when it comes to spending money that is a necessity, a cell phone isn't at this time. Food and shelter comes to mind. Yep, toilet paper is at the bottom of the list. That's what a phone book is used for! 

I agree! I am the same trying to cut costs right now. We have two vehicles I called my insurance and parked one just saved myself $110.00/month It is still insured for theft and fire but I can't drive it. 

@Naepalm  As per the advice i gave @mpcdesign you might want consider picking up one of the $15 1gb data add ons while they are still available. If you downgrade to the $15 plan it will be a nice little buffer to dip into if a little extra data is needed and will just stay on your account til you do finally deplete it. In a way it gives you the $25 plan for $5 more but rather than the 1gb resetting every 30 days used or not it will remain as you use it here and there. The new 1.25gb data plan for $30 but only a one time extra $15. I bought a couple for my $10 plan to just sit there til needed sometime In the future when I actually start to use that account.

@Pawprints1986

Agreed, we don't have to take part in the party. We can ignore social media, remove bloatware, firewall unwanted traffic, block unsolicited traffic, gain root privileges, unlock, jailbreak, hack, mod, close or control the digital windows which peer into our daily lives.

But those options are more restrictive every year, the device makers and carriers and devs want all "your" information they can get, it's worth money to them. So the conveniences are made ever more enticing, the inconveniences are buried ever deeper. Opensource and sidestepping through other machines is impossible to close out entirely, but I think within a decade they'll have things pretty tightly locked down and embedded behind technical (and/or legal) barriers which aren't practical to overcome.

Need Help? Let's chat.