cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages

charliegooddog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I turn off text messages from Publicmobile? I keep getting "Congrats! Rewards have been ....." , and "Thanks for your payment"

Can I opt to not receive these?

11 REPLIES 11

@LFollows  @gblackma  

They are not only informative the two texts are a warning that many users ask for.....but don't realize they get when autopay fails. If you rely on the autopay system to pay your bill you will recieve the rewards text first when your rewards are converted into a credit in your account. The system then applies the plan amount against the available balance. If there is still an outstanding balance autopay kicks in......if it fails you will not get the second text and your plan will be suspended.

They are very helpful. The reason that I knew my rewards were not applied. Was I didn't get the message. Stay safe

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just can't fathom how this hurts. So you get some nice informative texts from your phone provider around renewal time. Ignore it if you like. Register it in your brain thinking oh ok. Whatever. Why does it matter? It'll just get buried in your pile of texts from everybody else anyway.

@LFollows wrote:

I agree, and if we do have to receive messages why can't PM combine the two text messages they send in just 1 message?  "Thanks for paying AND the following discounts have been applied".  Done, no need for another text. 

We have 3 phones on public mobile in our house so we get 6 text messages a month saying we paid and describing our discounts.  If we could cut that in half it would be great.

Because they are two separate processes that occur at different times during the plan renewal process so it's possible for one to fail and another to complete.

LFollows

I agree, and if we do have to receive messages why can't PM combine the two text messages they send in just 1 message?  "Thanks for paying AND the following discounts have been applied".  Done, no need for another text. 

We have 3 phones on public mobile in our house so we get 6 text messages a month saying we paid and describing our discounts.  If we could cut that in half it would be great.

As mentioned above @charliegooddog you can only block them. And by doing that, if the security messages also come from 611. You block them too. 

charliegooddog

Perhaps I used an incorrect word and I should have asked how to "unsubscribe" from these specific types of text messages thereby leaving open the ability to get security messages. I have opted to pay automatically by credit card so by extension I expect to have paid automatically every month and no not require an automated thanks for doing so. Similarly, the rewards are supposed to be automatic and if I want to know I could log in and see, no notice required.

I just find these types of texts annoying.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@charliegooddog  Let's say someone was able to port your your number from Public Mobile. Just before this happens PM will send you a text informing you that this is about to happen. Don't you want to be notified? 

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why don't you want to receive such messages?

You could block Publicmobile number in your phone but I do not recommend it. You may miss some important information.

@charliegooddog wrote:

How do I turn off text messages from Publicmobile? I keep getting "Congrats! Rewards have been ....." , and "Thanks for your payment"

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@charliegooddog You cannot opt out of them. You can block them on your phone. But you will not receive any promotional messages from PM. 

@charliegooddog wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry you can't

And I don't suggest blocking them as you can miss on something. Also this is easy and quick way to check if all your rewards are accounted for

It's not too many

Need Help? Let's chat.