cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap phone numbers between 2 PM accounts ?

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I know probably the answer is no, but I thought I would ask anyways.

My account has my wife's number, and her account has my number.

Is it possible to swap numbers between 2 PM accounts?

Other option is to port her number into my account, and then somehow creating another account with my number that was "released", is that possible?

Any other ideas?

Thank you guys for your ideas.

16 REPLIES 16

@LEGO wrote:

@jairolevi 

Dump your girlfriend and be faithful to your wife! Woman Wink

@LEGOomg lol

@jairolevi wrote:
I am okay with that, but what do I do when my girlfriend calls and my wife picks up the phone?

jairolevi is a funny guy! Robot LOL  Just the sort of humour that's welcomed here! lol

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jairolevi 

Dump your girlfriend and be faithful to your wife! Woman Wink

jairolevi

@meocon wrote:

@jairolevi For that situation you have to give her your sim card & your number to make your account active with $3/month. She should close her account. You have to choose a new number

I am okay with that, but what do I do when my girlfriend calls and my wife picks up the phone? 

smp99

She can keep her number and put it on your account. (port out/in) I don't think there is a way for you to give her your plan and you keep your number on a different plan. 

meocon

@jairolevi For that situation you have to give her your sim card & your number to make your account active with $3/month. She should close her account. You have to choose a new number

@jairolevi wrote:

The reason is:

- I pay like $3 bucks a month for my cell.

- I will be getting an office cellphone.

- I was thinking, giving my wife my plan (she pays like 35 bucks in PM), and then porting out my number to speakout or voip.ms (just to keep my number)

That is the real story.

Therein lies the problem.  If you port your number to speakout, the account containing that number closes.  There would be nothing to give to your wife.  So, if you really don't need the second account, give up the number also.  In that case, you port your wife's number out to a different service and port it back into the account that you currently have with the favorable cost.  In the end, you will lose your wife's account when she ports out and you will lose your phone number when she ports back in to take over your account.  Virgin Mobile prepaid is a good source for porting in and out.  They don't require a top up to set up an account and it is only $1 to buy a SIM card on eBay. 

meocon

@jairolevi sorry I mean if your plan & your wife plan is not on promo plan, you can add her to your account or she can add you to her account. Like a link account. But for me after all, I have to give up one phone number 😞 so I think the best way just swap the sim & change all information to keep both numbers

jairolevi

The reason is:

- I pay like $3 bucks a month for my cell.

- I will be getting an office cellphone.

- I was thinking, giving my wife my plan (she pays like 35 bucks in PM), and then porting out my number to speakout or voip.ms (just to keep my number)

That is the real story.

koimr1

@MacMe wrote:

I'm probably not understanding the whole situation, but why don't you just take her account and update the profile with your information and then she takes your account and updates it with her information.

I agree, that seems to be the easiest thing to do to accomplish this.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MacMe wrote:

I'm probably not understanding the whole situation, but why don't you just take her account and update the profile with your information and then she takes your account and updates it with her information.

They badically just want  to swap plans and keep their numbers.

MacMe

mimmo

@jairolevi wrote:

@meocon yeah, I thought the answer was No.

I am not clear on this part "they suggested me to add another number to one account".  What they were trying to do ?

Thank you,

JL

it involved  activating another pm sim and mods  doing a series of ports similar to :

A-> C

B->A

C->B

but that loophole has been closed.

jairolevi

@meocon yeah, I thought the answer was No.

I am not clear on this part "they suggested me to add another number to one account".  What they were trying to do ?

Thank you,

JL

meocon

@jairolevi There’s no way you can swap number from PM to PM account since the phone numbers are in the same system. I had a same situation with you before & asked Mods they said no & they suggested me to add another number to one account, or I’ll have to loose one number and another account must be suspened for Mods to do exchange number. Moreover, you can just swap the sim card with your wife and change all the personal information linked to the account.

mimmo

sorry @jairolevi the answer is no for pm to pm accounts and no to the porting option

porting one accont to the other  you will lose teh number and it is probably impossible to get it again.

Need Help? Let's chat.