cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank You for the support and positive suggestions.

I am thinking of switching from Freedom to Public since my contact ended in Feb.

Just hope I dont have buyers remorse.

Is it difficult to swich I imagine just a call to Freedom to l

5 REPLIES 5

Anna_M
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Patrick_R,

Thank you for considering us!

Here's a great article in our Community where you can get all the info on how to activate and transfer over your number:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Best thing would be to activate on a temporary Public Mobile number then make the number change from your Self Serve account.

Have a great day! 😄

Anna,
Public Mobile Moderator

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Hey @Patrick_R , I am a Wind/Freedom transplant myself roughly 2.5 year ago.  Looking back, it was the best move ever.  I have been like the pied piper ever since encouraging and helping friends, family and whoever will listen to me to jump ship from Freedom.  Setting up the service on this end is relatively straightforward and the number port from Freedom takes all of 30 minutes.  With a couple of ongoing promos, now is the best time to switch over.  Go and get a SIM card and complete the activation before March 4 to get the $10 x 6 account credit.  Plus get a referral from an existing customer and earn an additional $25 referral credit.  This is a great $85 welcome bonus. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Don't call freedom...it can mix your port after.. @Patrick_R As mentionned it's always better to choose a number from public mobile and after to ask for the port in your self serve account.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Patrick_R wrote:

Thank You for the support and positive suggestions.

I am thinking of switching from Freedom to Public since my contact ended in Feb.

Just hope I dont have buyers remorse.

Is it difficult to swich I imagine just a call to Freedom to l

@Patrick_R 

Not difficult to switch...lots of good tutorials in the threads to guide you thru the porting process...if you want to keep the same phone number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrick_RBest way is to get your Public Mobile SIM, activate it using a new phone number.  THEN, request a number port (transfer) from freedom (from within your PM self serve portal).  No need to call Freedom.  Just make sure your Freedom is acount is active when you request the transfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.