cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped receiving voicemail notifications

ColinHorgan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. It is a sprint phone, unlocked. I received voicemail notifications for around 3 months before it just randomly stopped working. It is quite annoying as I have to remember to periodcally check voicemail manually. I have no way to know if a missed call left a voicemail until I manually check. 

I have followed the instructions I found in other threads on this forum, but none have helped. I checked both my APN settings and also reset the voicemail application on the phone. Not sure what else I can try. 

11 REPLIES 11

gmd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, was this resolved? What was the resolution? I'm having the same issue.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello ColinHorgan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to assist you, please send us a Private Message.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

@ColinHorgan wrote:

No luck. I even tried restarting my phone for good measure. Ive been reading on other forums that some people have had to have their voicemail reset on the carriers side. Thinking I may have to contact a moderator to look into it. I'm 99% sure all my settings are correct.

@ColinHorgan Worth a try now that you've checked everything else. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, PIN, and an explanation.

Here's a sprint user that needed to have sprint reset their vm: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Sprint-no-voicemail-notifications-s7/td-p/65758

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ColinHorgan

No luck. I even tried restarting my phone for good measure. Ive been reading on other forums that some people have had to have their voicemail reset on the carriers side. Thinking I may have to contact a moderator to look into it. I'm 99% sure all my settings are correct.

ColinHorgan

I'm also in the GTA. Ill change it to that and test it out. 

@ColinHorgan wrote:

I removed my number from the field and hit okay. It put my numer back starting with +11 this time. Just as a note I have been able to check my voicemail by holding down the 1 button. 

Long pressing the 1 button is a speed dial for voice mail.  It is a standard dialer feature.  What part of the country are you located.  Perhaps a community member can supply the local voice mail phone number and you can try entering it manually into the dialer settings to see if that helps.  I am in the GTA and my voice mail number is +16475804002.

ColinHorgan

I removed my number from the field and hit okay. It put my numer back starting with +11 this time. Just as a note I have been able to check my voicemail by holding down the 1 button. 

@ColinHorgan wrote:

The dialer voicemail settings has my number starting with a +1

That is strange.  Voice mail does have a number even though calling yourself is a way of triggering voice mail.  I suspect that there is something wrong with how the phone is interacting with the voice mail service and is not pulling the phone number from the system and instead using the your phone number as the workaround.  Is there a network reset feature that would perhaps clear up default dialer settings.  Perhaps go to the app settings and deleting the dialer data to see if the actual voice mail number can be picked up. 

ColinHorgan

The dialer voicemail settings has my number starting with a +1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ColinHorgan, go into your dialer settings and look at those for voice mail.  Make sure that the dialer is picking up the right phone number for the voice mail.  I am not familiar with the Samsung dialer notifications.  Make sure that the settings are not blocking anything from coming through.  BTW, the problem has nothing to do with APN settings which is for data only.

edmonch2013
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try to reset the network setting?

Need Help? Let's chat.