cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam / scam calls

grantc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How many people will be happy at the end of the Sept when phase 2 of CRTC anti spam measures are required for mobile providers?

Perhaps my social will be less compromised after the end of the month 😉   🙄

Then again perhaps pm is outside the CRTC rules since I still get calls from 15 digit numbers, which was suppose to stop a year ago?

5 REPLIES 5

grantc

It is true the bad guys don't care and they will find new ways to annoy people, but the upcoming requirement to block spoofed calls, that should reduce the volume of spam/scam calls.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't see anything coming from the CRTC as providing any kind of silver bullet.  The thing is the perpetrators don't care about the law and many operate from outside of the country.  Since spam is their business, they will find ways to keep the business going.  

adastorm

If you are tired of spam, turn of accepting calls from unknown callers, or if you have a pixel, use call screening to filter out the spam.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@grantc wrote:

How many people will be happy at the end of the Sept when phase 2 of CRTC anti spam measures are required for mobile providers?

Perhaps my social will be less compromised after the end of the month 😉   🙄

Then again perhaps pm is outside the CRTC rules since I still get calls from 15 digit numbers, which was suppose to stop a year ago?

@grantc hi Public is bound by all the same rules as are all the other providers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@grantc if your phone is an android one add a Google account to it. They have a pretty good spam blocker now. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.