cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam messages

abristowe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI, Does anyone know how to disable spam messaging that lands in one’s Public Mobile inbox?  I’ve been getting messages directly sent to me but not having anything to do with Public mobile. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

abristowe

Thank you!

@iamleahgannon @abristowe 

Are you both talking about your private message inbox on these forums? The envelope at the top?

If that's what you're talking about. Unfortunately there is no option to block these spammers.

Public Mobile is aware of the issue and is working on blocking them at their end.

In the message next to the delete button there is "report" click that and write spammer and hit send. It will send a message to the moderators who will block the person and any other accounts they have made. 

Catherine_T_0-1607610442992.png

  

Public Mobile also made a post about this in the announcement section. Link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

Sorry for the inconveniences that this may have caused you!

iamleahgannon

I'm new to Public too.  Was wondering the same.  

abristowe

Thanks for your reply. So, this would apply to what is happening within the public mobile community?  These unwanted messages are being sent to my inbox here (within the public mobile community). 

daowenca

Depends on your phone.

Android 10 has the ability to block the messages. When you see a message that is spam, just block the sender.

The unfortunate part is, most spam senders only fake the number once and then go to another they randomly generate. Best is to put your name on the Do Not Call list for Canada and that will reduce a lot of them.

And never reply to the spam!

Need Help? Let's chat.