cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia dialer

pboynett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know if you can change the installed dialer on the Xperia Performance?  I would really like to install a different app, but don't seem to be able to disable the one that comes with the phone.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

PMB

6 REPLIES 6

arkw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Ahhh, did not think of that. I've always have had Nexus devices so I assumed you could just download a different dialer.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arkw that might not work for everyone, many phones are (annoying) marked as imcompatible.  For example, my OnePlus 3 and [1st gen] Moto X:

GoogleDialer.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

arkw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try downloading the stock Google dialer app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer

Might also have to use Goodle Launcher, I am not sure.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can't disable if it is the only dialer installed, you have to install the one you want to use and then set it as the default. Then the only possible problem is whether the Sony launcher (I assume they have their own like Samsung's Touch Wiz) will allow it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is possible to use other than stock dialer.  This is one of the great features of android to be able to customize practically everything.  The process is reversible.  Dialers can be deleted to revert back to stock.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I know you can download different laucnhers through the google play store, but Im not sure about the dilar. Maybe try a different launcher and see if anything changes. Once you download a launcher it can be changed in the settings menu (not sure where it is on xpeira phones) but my google phone had a sperate setting for launchers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.