Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something wrong for my data usage

cruisees
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a question about my data usage.

I payed Dec 1 and my data usage is already 799.221/1024 MB (1 GB OF DATA) on Dec 11.

That means I already spent over 75%.

I usually use data as same monthly pattern so, there's something wrong for my usuage in system.

Please answer me how to fix it and tell me about connection of Public mobile.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

@jenbea0178Log into your selfserve and click on View my usage on the front page under the My Plan table. It won't tell you the location where your data comes and goes but it will tell you the size and time.

jenbea0178
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a way to find out in PM where the data was used?  I'm new to PM as well and still trying to navigate. 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Staliger wrote:

I usualy restrict autorun for all my applications and then, go to "Running apps" to kill all processes there. The necessary apps needed for your phone to work properly will start automatically, but they don't use data. As I use Android system, Google Play is an exception, and it does use data, but it is still possible to stop it running by clicking 'force stop' several times.

Instead of force stopping an application several times just use Netguard to control its data usage.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@cruisees wrote:

Hi,

I have a question about my data usage.

I payed Dec 1 and my data usage is already 799.221/1024 MB (1 GB OF DATA) on Dec 11.

That means I already spent over 75%.

I usually use data as same monthly pattern so, there's something wrong for my usuage in system.

Please answer me how to fix it and tell me about connection of Public mobile.

Thank you!

I usualy restrict autorun for all my applications and then, go to "Running apps" to kill all processes there. The necessary apps needed for your phone to work properly will start automatically, but they don't use data. As I use Android system, Google Play is an exception, and it does use data, but it is still possible to stop it running by clicking 'force stop' several times.

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There always is some discrepancy between how your phone records data usage and what you see in PM account.. however, a typical high usage pattern can be revealed through checking data usage details on your phone as to which apps used most data.. also remember, video watching say on YouTube uses quite a bit of data.. disabling autoupdates in your phone for apps also helps.. 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you want to understand where that data went, go to Settings>Mobile data and scroll down and you see how it was used and know what to disable. Is the cycle calendar correct on your phone maybe you thought you had more.

Also Netguard is a free app which allows data management over system apps and tells you if a certain app needs data for it to work (i.e. Discord requires Google Play Services to have data to work correctly).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure to turn off data for auto updates for apps.  Also download maps for offline use.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Need Help? Let's chat.