cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some text messages I sent aren't going to other number

annemaclean1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I've been with PM for a couple months now and was happy with the service, now I go to send a text to someone, who I have texted recently, it says it sent on my end but it isn't showing up on their end, I've checked the apn settings, I've removed the sim card and put it back in, I've tried different texting apps and still nothing, I need help with this

8 REPLIES 8

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

@mcs11, that’s funny, I had the same thing with one of my contacts.

Until I was sitting in his office we didn’t figure it out.  I started a new thread also, and he got that one.

Maybe conversations get unstable as they get old?

@stonechucker, My husband says it was a sign that I need to stop nagging him via text, but I like your theory better! 🙂

@mcs11, that’s funny, I had the same thing with one of my contacts.

Until I was sitting in his office we didn’t figure it out.  I started a new thread also, and he got that one.

Maybe conversations get unstable as they get old?

@annemaclean1980 @mcs11Go to message app settings and check for a blocked / restricted number. This can happen easily by accident on a touch screen phone.

Log into to self serve go to usage history and check to see if the message has been sent to the correct number.

This may seem weird, but delete your conversation on both phones then delete each other from your contact list and re-add each others contact info with at least 1 letter/digit different (contact name) then what the contact name was before. I have heard this solving your described issue almost always if there is no block in settings.

If that does not solve the problem, switch sim cards in both phones and try again and see if the issue is identicle, or if the issue swaps. Then at least you could narrow it down to either sim/service or local phone/setting

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Interestingly the same thing happened between me and my spouse when I switched to Public Mobile. I can't say I know what caused the problem, but what my spouse did was start a new conversation with me instead of responding our existing (years-long) conversation thread. Voila, that seemed to do the trick. Strangely, I only had this problem with my spouse (he is on Rogers). I didn't experience this with any of my other family members, but they are all on Telus. No promises, but maybe this trick will work for you too.  Good luck!

@annemaclean1980 wrote:

Yes I have been able to text other people, but that number is active as they can text me, I just can't reply I don't know if it's something wrong with their phone or mine

This issue is with just one person only?  Could it be that you have accidentally enable blocking of SMS to this particular number?  Anyway, SMS not working has nothing to do with APN settings.  APN settings matter for MMS, not SMS. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annemaclean1980 wrote:

Yes I have been able to text other people, but that number is active as they can text me, I just can't reply I don't know if it's something wrong with their phone or mine

What phone do you have?

What phone do they have?

What provider are they with?

annemaclean1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annemaclean1980 wrote:

Hi, I've been with PM for a couple months now and was happy with the service, now I go to send a text to someone, who I have texted recently, it says it sent on my end but it isn't showing up on their end, I've checked the apn settings, I've removed the sim card and put it back in, I've tried different texting apps and still nothing, I need help with this

Can you text anyone else?

Can they receive from anyone else?

Is their service active?

Is your service active?

Need Help? Let's chat.