cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card swap

Dragonking187
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • My old sim card recently stopped working. I ordered a new one, but it wont let me change it in my profile. When I hit update nothing happens. I messaged the simbot with no response. Someone help please
3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dragonking187 

Don't change your sim card yet. There was recently an issue with service for customers who scheduled a change plan on next renewal. Upon renewal they lost services mostly incoming text and calls and data.

Have you tested your sim card in another phone? This will determine if it's a phone issue or a SIM card issue. Sometimes a SIM card just needs to be reprovisioned this can be quite common after renewal. While there are troubleshooting tips you can try on your end considering the recent issue you might as well contact customer support and ask for your account to be reset and your sim card reprovisioned to see if that fixes the issue.

If your sim card is still not working after this is done then it's likely that you've had a SIM card failure but this is quite rare and it usually follows a series of issues over a period of weeks or months with your sim card whereas you lose certain parts of your service at certain times like your texting won't work or your incoming calling goes to voicemail messaging etc.....

It's best to try to reprovision your sim card rather than waste a perfectly good SIM card by swapping them out and you still have the same result. So maybe it was a stroke of luck that you have not been able to change the SIM card in your account yourself?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dragonking187 

There could be a Telus outage in your area.

Check map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What makes you think the old sim stopped working? Is your account active? Try using a different browser or even device or use private mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.