cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card locked up

tracyanne1979
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get the puk code from public mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

@surreyboz wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@tracyanne1979 wrote:

You will need to message the moderators for a the PUK code.  If your phone is a Samsung some on here have said you can contact Samsung for a Master PUK code but I am personally have not verified that.

How could Samsung have a PUK Code for a Public Mobile Sim Card? PUK code is Sim Card Specific, it has absolutely nothing to do with the Device/Hardware you are using. 

There ia something that some manufacturers call names similar to network PUK  or sim lock PUK.  This is for when someone tries to unlock a phone unsuccessfulky for use on other networks too many times.  This results in the user no longer being able to network unlock the device.  The code provided by Samaung would reset and re-enable that ability.

A PUK code has absolutely no Relation to the Hardware. PUK code is Sim specific regardless which device you are using 

except that some device manaufacturers do use the term PUK to refer to a master reset code for the device

But yes, PUK usially does refer to a code for sim card.

As far as I know phone manufacturers do not use that name, its the People that are not familiar with the correct names use that terminology  

I don't disagree with you.  But Samsung and some other manufacturers do make on-screen reference with ”PUK" as part of the string of text after network unlocking has been attempted incorrectly multiple times.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@tracyanne1979 wrote:

You will need to message the moderators for a the PUK code.  If your phone is a Samsung some on here have said you can contact Samsung for a Master PUK code but I am personally have not verified that.

How could Samsung have a PUK Code for a Public Mobile Sim Card? PUK code is Sim Card Specific, it has absolutely nothing to do with the Device/Hardware you are using. 

There ia something that some manufacturers call names similar to network PUK  or sim lock PUK.  This is for when someone tries to unlock a phone unsuccessfulky for use on other networks too many times.  This results in the user no longer being able to network unlock the device.  The code provided by Samaung would reset and re-enable that ability.

A PUK code has absolutely no Relation to the Hardware. PUK code is Sim specific regardless which device you are using 

except that some device manaufacturers do use the term PUK to refer to a master reset code for the device

As far as I know phone manufacturers do not use that name, its the People that are not familiar with the correct names use that terminology  

@surreyboz wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@tracyanne1979 wrote:

surreyboz

@computergeek541 wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@tracyanne1979 wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@tracyanne1979 wrote:

There ia something that some manufacturers call names similar to network PUK  or sim network lock PUK.  This is for when someone tries to unlock a phone unsuccessfully for use on other networks too many times.  This results in the user no longer being able to network unlock the device.  The code provided by Samaung would reset and re-enable that ability.

surreyboz

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@tracyanne1979 wrote:

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lamie_M,

It is nice to know moderators are actively monitoring the forum.

Lamie_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey tracyanne1979,

It will be my pleasure to help you get your PUK.

We are here to help you but, before we can do that, we need to make sure you’re the account owner. We do this to keep your personal information safe and ensure we’re only making account changes on your behalf.

You’ll be presented with 2 easy options to verify your identity. If you don’t have the required information for one of the two options, please let me know and we’ll find a secure alternative.

Please click on the link below and follow the steps:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/authentication/unique-link/U2FsdGVkX19VZTRyYVeJYjuA4Y9OGu00Y3ITnbZ6LAw

Best regards,

Lamie

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tracyanne1979 wrote:

Send a private message to moderator for help.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@tracyanne1979 wrote:

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern) More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.