cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card issue

reyalronaldson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband upgraded his phone so we're giving his old phone (unlocked) to our son. I checked and the old phone is compatible. So I swapped the SIM from my son's broken phone into my husband's old phone, but the phone doesn't even see there's a SIM card. Can someone help? 

12 REPLIES 12

reyalronaldson

It was unlocked (we had checked) back when we purchased it and brought it online. But I'll check with that carrier anyway to see if they locked it when we brought it online. Thanks. 

@reyalronaldson

Are you sure that the phone is unlocked?  That message is usually shown for phones that are locked to previous carrier.  

You might need to contact your husband's mobile company to get the unlock code.  Some phones (ie. Samsung) lock to the first carrier, not sure about your model though.  

reyalronaldson

Yes, I had already checked. 

The phone is asking for the "SIM network unlock PIN".  

Does anyone know where I can find that? 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@reyalronaldson is this your phone?  

SCL-H004.png

If so, it does appear to be compatible.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@reyalronaldson wrote:

Only one slot

Can you double check please? That model (SCL-L04) brings up dual sim slot, even on gsmarena.

scl.png

If it doesn't it might be a different variant, which may be missing required frequencies for public mobile.

I would try a factory reset as well.

reyalronaldson

Only one slot

@reyalronaldson wrote:

It's a Huawei SCL-L04

Android version 5.1.1

@reyalronaldsonThat is the Huawei Y6 from 2015 correct? (There is a 2nd revision of it from 2018)

I beleive that has 2 sim card slots? Try inserting it into the other sim card slot

reyalronaldson

It's a Huawei SCL-L04

Android version 5.1.1

reyalronaldson

I have removed the card tonet and restarest the phone (obviously, since I have to remove the battery haha). When I go to Mobile network settings, everything is ligtl grey; I can't select "Access Point Names" or anything .

@reyalronaldson wrote:

It says "Emergency call" now and it now shows a SIM card with an exclamation point next to the date and time. (That's new)

Did you try re-inserting?

What type of phone is it (be specific with model number please)

What happens when you do a manual network search?

Can you go to networking settings and do a "network settings reset" ?

reyalronaldson

It says "Emergency call" now and it now shows a SIM card with an exclamation point next to the date and time. (That's new)

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@reyalronaldson wrote:

My husband upgraded his phone so we're giving his old phone (unlocked) to our son. I checked and the old phone is compatible. So I swapped the SIM from my son's broken phone into my husband's old phone, but the phone doesn't even see there's a SIM card. Can someone help? 

@reyalronaldsonTry wiping the sim card and blowing into the sim card slot then stick it back in. You didn't somehow insert the sim card upside down or in the wrong slot? Does the phone say "No sim inserterd" ? or does it say "No service" or "emergency calls" only?

Need Help? Let's chat.