cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Problems

nicwhite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having trouble activating my Husbands sim card. Mine is activated and the site keeps referring to my info and won't let me add his. Also it will not accept his email address either what can I do to fix this issue.  

9 REPLIES 9

@nicwhite at the moment your husband doesn't have an account... just start talking to mods first then explain your situation. the ticket doesn't have to match. all your trying to do is talk to a mod to help you guys activate his email/account

basically use your account to create a ticket to speak with a mod. once you get a reply, ask them why you're having such a hard time activating an account, using your husband's email

nicwhite

I was trying to submit a ticket but i am only able to with my account. If I am inquiring about fixing my husbands shouldn't I put in his info? It will not accept his long email as a proper email.

@nicwhite contact customer support here

type "can't activate account"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

@nicwhite  did you clear your internet history and cookie cache and open a new window in incongnito mode??

nicwhite

His email address is different. Also all the passwords and anything to do with security is different. So now what do I do??

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nicwhite 

PM self-serve account uses your email address as the username.  Therefor each account must have a unique email address.  PM does not allow more than 1 phone number in each account.  Therefore, you need another email address to create your husband account.

PM server does not handle the going back a page well.  If you need to go back a page, always close your browser and open a new browser window to activate your plan again.  If it ask you to wait for 50 minutes because your SIM card was locked to a previous activation session, just wait an hour before doing the activation process again.

Don't forget to use your refer-a-friend code in your husband's activation to get $10 credit to his account and your get $1 reward per cycle as long as he is with PM.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nicwhite  wait 50 minutes from last attempt,  clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate his SIM card. Note, you can't use the same email address for 2 accounts. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@nicwhite hi you may have to wait an hour and try again make sure you use separate email addresses 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Each sim card needs its own separate email. You can use Gmail aliases.

Clear your internet history/cookie cache. Open a fresh browser in incongnito mode and try to activate the sim card again.

If you get an invalid message system locks sim card for 50 mins. Wait one hour then try. 

If you made it up to making a payment. Ensure you check your CC if you were charged.

Don't forget to use your referral code from your account for your husband's signup. Your husband will receive a $10 signup bonus applied within 72 hours of activating. You will receive$1 off per 30 days.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.