cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adastorm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all! 

I received an email that if I signed up for autopay Public Mobile Plan, that I would receive bonus data! I have not yet revived this, and I have started to wonder if I haven't gotten it yet because its not working. Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@adastorm wrote:

Hey all! 

I received an email that if I signed up for autopay Public Mobile Plan, that I would receive bonus data! I have not yet revived this, and I have started to wonder if I haven't gotten it yet because its not working. Thanks!

Hello @adastorm - Welcome Back!

The offer you were provided was an ADDITIONAL $2 savings if you registered for Autopay (as with all in-market plans); great way to reduce the mobile each renewal!

So, does this mean you DID top up and Re-activate one of these offers you were provided?

But, you are not seeing the extra bonus listed anywhere (including where @darlicious mentioned)?

Usually there is 'within 30 day' added to your account term, or something to that affect in the offer.

If you cannot see it listed anywhere on your Self Serve as per the Terms and conditions, contact the Moderators to inquire (with that screen shot) you posted here.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@computergeek541 

In market should refer to offers available to all customers. A win back offer is only available to a select few customers. I agree to add the 2GBBONUS promocode to an activation of a plan $35+ and expect 7gb for the first 12 months. Maybe @wetcoaster wants to give it a go?

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 : Could it have been stacked with the 2GBBONUS offer giving 7GB for $35? 🙂 

Ok, you've won me back, I see your 2GB and raise you your other 2GB.

I doubt it, but the winback bonus only lasts a certain amount of time, while the offers that available for with any new online account activation on a $35+ plan is recurring and indefinite.  Terms do say "not stackable with other in-market offers", but what does "in-market" really mean? Public Mobile could very well argue that the winback offer is in-market because it's available to the winback customer, while the customer could argue that it's not in-market because it's not available to everyone.  I would use the 2GBBONUS code during activation if meeting the creteria for recurring bonus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : Could it have been stacked with the 2GBBONUS offer giving 7GB for $35? 🙂 

Ok, you've won me back, I see your 2GB and raise you your other 2GB.

@Anonymous wrote:

@adastorm : Oh that's a nice winback offer. Can you look over to the right side of your self-serve page under your name and such to see if the data is there in a promo area?

It's nice for the $25 plan but bad for the $35 plan because customers who have never been a customer can get better. Looking at the screenshot of this e-mail message, I think I now know where the incorrect information about the June 30th end date for the $35+ plan online activation offer (for anyone) may have came from. 

@adastorm 

This kind of promo data should appear on the right side of your overview page under "my promotions" with a line something like : 1GB monthly plan data..............0/1024.......... 1/12. 

Screenshot_20210528-040641~2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adastorm : Oh that's a nice winback offer. Can you look over to the right side of your self-serve page under your name and such to see if the data is there in a promo area?

@adastorm wrote:

adastorm_0-1624856827435.png

This would be a winback offer and isn't that bonus isn't related in any way to autopay. That's a seperate matter. I woudl suggest looking for the terms of this offer in your e-mail message. Usually, it will state an expected wait time before you'll receive the bonus.

adastorm

adastorm_0-1624856827435.png

@adastorm wrote:

Hey!

I did activate online and before the date with the email address in the letter.

In the offer it says that i get 1GB of free data per month wen activated with the 25$/month plan, and 2GB with the 35$/Month plan. I am currently using the 25$ per month plan, and it has been well over 2 weeks without the reward.

The data bonus isn't part of the rewards program. As @Anonymous was saying, you should have 1GB (total) included with your $25 plan. I do suspect that it's on your account, but that there could either be an an account issue, or the settings on your phone aren't correct.  The actuall bonus for being on autopay is only advertised as being 500MB, and another 500MB as being part of the base plan.  So, you're saying that data doesn't work at all? If so, that isn't related to there being a bonus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adastorm : Are you able to post that offer here? As far as I know, there was only the 2GB for $35 and up plans.

adastorm

Hey!

I did activate online and before the date with the email address in the letter.

In the offer it says that i get 1GB of free data per month wen activated with the 25$/month plan, and 2GB with the 35$/Month plan. I am currently using the 25$ per month plan, and it has been well over 2 weeks without the reward.

@adastorm wrote:

Hey all! 

By any chance did you signup online for at least a $35 plan and are you expecting an extra 2GB per 30 days? If so, there is a 2 business day wait.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adastorm : You're kinda crossing some terms. The autopay data is simply 500MB on most plans. There's an autopay reward that you get $2 up front and then another $2 at the next renewal totaling $4 for your first renewal.

So for the data, like say with the $25 plan, you get 500MB and then for the autopay you get the additional 500MB totaling 1GB. Some might even argue that the autopay data shows up anyway with or without autopay toggled on.

Need Help? Let's chat.