cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I overpay to ensure I receive the $120 promo plan before it expires?

PMZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just set up a new SIM on the $120 promo plan (90-day/Untld Provincial calling/Unltld International text/12GB data), and my credit card was charged $135.60 ($120+tax).

unnamed.jpg

However, after activation, somehow the standard $106 plan (same options, but no data) was applied to my account, leaving me with the wrong plan, and a credit of $20 in my account.

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 10.58.47 PM.png

When I try to correct it and change my plan to include the 12GB of data, it is asking me to top up my account because I don't have enough funds in it (since it only sees the $20 balance).

Since the $120 promo expires today, should I pay the extra to top off my account and ensure that I get the promotional plan in time, and hope that that Pubilc Mobile will be able to credit me back afterwards?

Or should I just leave everything as-is, since the original charge of $120+tax should be enough to show that I originally should've received the promo plan, and hope that Public Mobile will be able to switch the plan for me after?

I've already sent the mods a message, but since there's a backlog I think I'll need to make a decision before the promo expires at the end of the day.

Any advice? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

PMZ

Thanks - I just noticed from another user that selecting the 6GB option (instead of the 12GB one) also results in a $120/90-day plan. If that's the case, then I'm not sure if the $120+tax charge on my credit card is enough proof that I selected the double-data promo rate?

With the time constraint I'm wondering if it's better to just pay for the upgrade to ensure that I have it, and then hope that after the fact the mods will be able to adjust my account accordingly? I'm hesitant to pay so much extra though, in case it doesn't work...

riversday

If your credit card was charged for the promo already, I would leave it and wait for the mods to respond. From what I heard, they are letting people have the promotion after if they were PMing the mods about their issues. I hope it gets resolved for you soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.