cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up old SIM

LauraGranger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In the Account setup, it asks for the 19 digit SIM number. But mine is 20 digits (and will not be accepted). Anyone know why this is? Do I really have to go buy a new SIM?

8 REPLIES 8

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@LauraGranger 

Did you already activated it in the past? Ib that case you would need a new sim

If not, good news is that sims don't expire. If you are certain you have Publicmobile sim and that you are looking at the right number and it's still 20 digits, you could take a picture of it and contact moderators team they should be able to direct you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv : How should I know. Seems 20 digits is the main standard though. Maybe PM is sending them out now but knowing them, they haven't updated their system for them.

@Anonymous wrote:

Did a little looking around. So see those zero's in the middle...try dropping one of those.

@Anonymous Where would the OP possibly get a Public Mobile sim card with 20 numbers instead of the standard 19?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did a little looking around. So see those zero's in the middle...try dropping one of those.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Should be like this....I found in Google Pics....so I doubt if the number is valid!!!

Figure1.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Look like you need to buy a new SIM if you meant you are tried to re-use a SIM that was previously activated.

Just an FYI, if you need to order new SIM, ordering from PM site would take some time for it to arrive at your door due to courier delay. You might want to order from Amazon Prime for it's 2 days Prime delivery, or via Canadian Cell Supplies  or go to a kiosk like Walmart/Loblaws/London Drugs

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LauraGranger : If it starts with a zero then maybe drop that zero.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

A previously used SIM will not longer work. Yes you need a new one. 

Need Help? Let's chat.