cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

Belfry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is it I can only send text messages to certain people but I can receive them from anybody

?

9 REPLIES 9

Belfry

4G preferred(recommended) but I've tried it on 3 G as well as manually selecting public mobile 3G and 4G and auto select under network 

@Belfry 

Do you have your preferred network setting set to 4G LTE only? Make sure your setting is on 4G / 3G / 2G (auto connect).

Try these troubleshooting tips and test after each one.

• Reboot your phone.
  • Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  • Clear your messaging app's cache.

If no joy ..

• After backing up any photos or important messages delete the messaging thread and remove the contact. Add the contact back in and test again.
  • If that doesn't work ask the contact to do the same.

Belfry

Sending messages has been hit and miss since I switched. I was able to reply to my wife's texts now I only receive them but can't send text. But I can reply with gifs and pictures

Belfry

I get a message saying "not sent,tap to try again" and I was able to send messages to my wife last week.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Belfry 

What happens to the messages that you can't send to people?

@Belfry wrote:

I've tried all these solutions except a different phone because this phone is always worked for me

@Belfry - is this a new issue or has this always been the case since you activated? 

If these and other suggestions by other members that may be posted are still not helping and this has been happening since you activated with public mobile, then you could ask a CSA.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

But if you could try your sim card into another phone for a day or 2 and see if that improves things, it may be a good test.

In fact, sometimes removing your sim card, then entering into another phone (restart the phone ), then moving the sim card back into your own phone can sometimes fix finicky/backend issues on your account. So worth a shot.

Belfry

I've tried all these solutions except a different phone because this phone is always worked for me

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Belfry - good question, what troubleshooting have you tried? Here is some to try:

• restart your phone
  • reset your device's network settings
  • try your sim card into another phone to rule out a device setting on your phone
  • is there a place to clear your cache on your messages app?

Both iMessage and Chat Features require a wifi connections or data to send/receive texts.

Are you or any of these contacts using these? 

• if iMessage ensure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.
  • if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

How to Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.