cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SelfServe and Community accounts association

flyingneon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It looks like the Public Mobile Self Serve accounts and the Community accounts are somewhat independent entities that at some point are connected. In the activation form, the following is stated:

"After you activate, register for the Community using the same email address as you did for your Public Mobile Self Serve account. If you use a different email address, you will not be able to earn the Community Reward."

Obvious from this, your Community account is associated with your Self Serve account if you sign up for the former with the same email.

Does it have to be in that order though or does the reverse work too? In other words, can I sign up for a Community account first and *then* create a Self Serve account and still have them associated?

If you don't know for sure, please indicate that your answer is a speculation (I, myself, also *assume* that it will work, but I'm asking for a confirmation from someone who's done this or read about it).

Thank you! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It doesn't matter what order you sign up for accounts, they'll be able to link them as long as they have the same email address.

One thing that I'm not sure about, though ( could somebody from @CS_Agent provide an answer?) - when you change your email address in the self service area, it doesn't change the email address associated with your account in the back end.  So I'm not sure which email address is used to link to your community account - the self-service area email (that you're able to change) or the one linked to your account in the back-end (which requires a moderator's assistance to change).

flyingneon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

P.S. The same question applies if you change your Community email address to be the same as the Self Serve one.

Example:

Change Community email to bbb@b.com

OR

Change Community email to bbb@b.com

Need Help? Let's chat.