cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self serve website cannot access over mobile data

Tx88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody have trouble accessing the self serve website while using mobile data? Other sites work fine except the selfserve site and appears to only happen on mobile data. Wifi works fine

14 REPLIES 14

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would like to share my experience with you, when I activative a account with Public mobile, I had 30$ plan, 3G. When I access the self serve account page by using the data, I had the same issue, not loading and it takes forever. Then I change my phone setting, disable " 4G", Then I can access my account by using data. After I turn off the 4G, the internet maybe funtioning well. 

Tx88

I'm certain it's something to do with the selfserve website too since my connection is fine for every other site. Hopefully they can fix it

@Tx88 wrote:

Well it doesn't load at all. I would have thought the site was down if I hadn't tried using wifi and it works properly. That being said I've checked the proxy seeings and it is indeed blank.

Oddly it loaded once earlier today on mobile data but a few hours later it refused to load lol

Then, it is indeed something with Public Mobile's connection to the internet.  If I were to guess, I would say a DNS server issue.

This type of stuff happens.  There are some sites that will actually check to see if a site is reachable, or whether or not it is just your connection with the issue.

Tx88

Well it doesn't load at all. I would have thought the site was down if I hadn't tried using wifi and it works properly. That being said I've checked the proxy seeings and it is indeed blank.

Oddly it loaded once earlier today on mobile data but a few hours later it refused to load lol

@Tx88 wrote:

Anybody have trouble accessing the self serve website while using mobile data? Other sites work fine except the selfserve site and appears to only happen on mobile data. Wifi works fine

@Tx88 wrote:

Does the self-serve site not load at all or does it not let you log in?

if it doesn't let you log in, I would say to check the APN settings.  You're probably thinking that I just made that last part up, but I really didn't.

In the past, carriers have used a proxy and that was even contained within the APN settings.  I've seen this at Mobilicity, Koodo, and it's probably been there for Public Mobile in the settings on some phones before.

This is not to be confused with MMS Proxy.  I'm talking about the setting that Android devices simply refer to as "Proxy".  Make sure that "Proxy" is blank.

As far as I can tell, this "Proxy" used to allow the phone to do things such as log into a self serve account pages of some carriers without ever requiring the user to log in. The authentication would be done on the cellular network based purely on your phone number and verification of the client's service.

The problem with this "proxy" was that it also blocked you from logging into many websites that required you to enter a password to access some type of user account.  This was true of common sites such as tdcanadatrust.com, hotmail.com, ebay.ca, and many others.

It's possible that the APN setting still contains that type of proxy setting that carriers don't seem to use any longer.  If it's there, you'd be best to disable it. 

@Lieux wrote:

Hello @Tx88 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Forum-account-banned/td-p/330596

Here you can see information of your problem and the solution seems to be ...

B2FEF2B7-1AEB-4136-8144-96239961E663.png

THE IP ADRESS.....

It's not impossible, but this issue has to do with the self-serve self, but the screenshot that you've shown has to do with someone being blocked out from using the community website. They're different things, and I suspect that Public Mobile previously blocked out that IP address from using the community website, either because someone was spamming, or there was repeated instances of of people using the IP address who have been banned in the past.  I can't see of any possible reason for banning an IP address from using the self-serve site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tx88 wrote:

Just the generic "disconnected from the internet" message

Maybe clear cache or try a different mobile browser.

Tx88

Just the generic "disconnected from the internet" message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tx88 wrote:

Sorry but I think that's a different issue. I'm talking about the self serve page, not the community and definitely no message saying banned either... Just a blank page saying internet disconnected which isn't true since I can access other sites perfectly fine

Maybe it's just a temperamental thing. It took a bit of time for me to get into it on a W10 tablet on wifi and BB OS10 on wifi AND data.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tx88 wrote:

Sorry but I think that's a different issue. I'm talking about the self serve page, not the community and definitely no message saying banned either... Just a blank page saying internet disconnected which isn't true since I can access other sites perfectly fine

Could you post a screenshot or the error?

Tx88

Tx88

Definitely not the browser as I've tried chrome, firefox, and brave browser on android. It actually shows a "disconnected from internet" message whenever you try to access the site but everything works if you navigate to another site. Funny thing is it works sometimes if you keep trying to hit refresh but other times it won't connect to it no matter what haha

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @Tx88 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Forum-account-banned/td-p/330596

Here you can see information of your problem and the solution seems to be ...

B2FEF2B7-1AEB-4136-8144-96239961E663.png

THE IP ADRESS.....

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

The site is picky, and doesn't have a mobile version, try using a different browser or mode.

You would think that using their data to access their site would be the most compatible, not the least. Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.