cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Service form for porting - Apartment or Unit number needed?

PublicSH2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Community,

Re: Do I need to provide an Apartment or Unit number on the self-serve port form (for a landline)?

Quick question on the self-serve form to complete a port of an existing number to Public Mobile (found in "Plans & Add-Ons" / "Change Phone Number").

When I select "transfer" an existing eligible landline, two of the data fields required are:

- Street Number
- Street Name

Does anyone know if I need to include an Apartment or Unit number in either of these (or any other) fields?

Will the company I am port away from have sufficient information with just the street address of my building (without an Apartment or Unit number) and my exisiting other info (phone number with them, my exact name per their billing system, etc.)?

Many thanks,

PublicSH2

2 REPLIES 2

PublicSH2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The port worked perfectly.  There is no need to include apartment or unit numbers, only street address, postal code and of course the other data requested.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My understanding is the key info for porting is the name on the account and account .number.

That is the only thing that they really check.  Do not bother with pin number or IMEI #

Need Help? Let's chat.