cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s9 plus issue!!!

Dthach
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello friends 

I referred my buddy to join yesterday at London drug setting was done got a message that it successfully transfer when he got home and installed PublicM sim his phone automatic reset to factory ,good thing he back up his phone. 

Please back up your phone. Or if you have secondary phone put the new sim on that first incase it reset then transfer that to your main phone. 

Im using iphone6 no issue. 

2 REPLIES 2

@popping wrote:

All new Samsung phone are doing the factory reset after changing to different provider SIM card to load the provider specific configuration and apps.

Update:  I think Samsung phone was doing the factory reset since the CRTC mandated providers cannot lock their phones.  All Canadian version of new Samsung phones are shiped from factory unlocked.  Fastory reset with new SIM card inserted.

Sure, new Samsung phones do this the first time a sim card is installed. However,this is not supposed to happen again with that same device no matter how many times you insert a sim card from a different carrier.  Mine certainly doesn't do this, although I have read sporadic reports about this. It's poor software programming by Samsung.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dthach wrote:

Hello friends 

I referred my buddy to join yesterday at London drug setting was done got a message that it successfully transfer when he got home and installed PublicM sim his phone automatic reset to factory ,good thing he back up his phone. 

Please back up your phone. Or if you have secondary phone put the new sim on that first incase it reset then transfer that to your main phone. 

Im using iphone6 no issue. 

All new Samsung phone are doing the factory reset after changing to different provider SIM card to load the provider specific configuration and apps.

Update:  I think Samsung phone was doing the factory reset since the CRTC mandated providers cannot lock their phones.  All Canadian version of new Samsung phones are shiped from factory unlocked.  Fastory reset with new SIM card inserted.

Need Help? Let's chat.