cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A32 5G

EddyB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just brought over a phone (Samsung A32 5G) from Zoomer to Public Mobiles 5G plan.  But I can't seem to get the 5G to show up on my phone, standing 50 feet from a Telus/Bell 5G tower.  Is there a setting or something I need to do to allow my Samsung to get on the Public's 5G system (aka Telus 5G).

12 REPLIES 12

EddyB

Thank you for your help on this esjliv!  It's much appreciated!

EddyB

Thank you for that LitlLdy!   See my previous reply to you.  I thank you for your help on this!  It is appreciated.  

EddyB

That's ok LItlLdy,  If you see my reply to Dust2dust, there were compatibility issues of my android cell, and limited frequencies used in the small city I am in.  On the bright side, I get to look for a new iphone!   🙂   

EddyB

Just checked, I am at 13.  No signal yet for me.  But I did do some research on compatibility of this phone.  It doesn't handle all frequencies of 5G in my area used by Telus/Bell.  But it does for all Rogers 5G, which makes sense for my model, seeing as how I got it free from Zoomer (Rogers).   So this seems to be the only thing that explains it for now.  It's probably due to the limited use of frequencies in a small town.  In larger city Telus/Bell may use their full range of frequencies to cover more clients.  And I'm ok with that.  It just means I get to go shopping for a new phone!  Thank you all for your help and ideas!  It's greatly appreciated!

One of my phones is a Canadian A32 5G. It got updated to Android 13. Suddenly the 5G setting appeared and volte worked. Still does.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Please note that my message above, I had to search Google for the information as I really have no clue of android phones! I have an iPhone. Sorry. 😁 

@EddyB , I am not familiar with android phone or I would tell you where to find your network settings. Sorry 😔 

You could try this, I am unsure 

1. Go to the Home screen. ...
  2. Choose Settings.
  3. Scroll down. ...
  4. Choose Mobile networks.
  5. Choose Network mode.
  6. Choose 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect).
  7. The Samsung Galaxy A32 5G has now been configured for use of 5G networks.

or

Find "Network mode"
  1. Slide two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen.
  2. Press the settings icon.
  3. Press Connections.
  4. Press Mobile networks.
  5. Press Network mode.
  6. Press the required network mode. ...

Or you could look in your manual for your phone

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G Manual

EddyB

esjliv, will check those , thanks!

EddyB

Oh, phone is updated, to latest...

EddyB

Hi Dust, I which settings do I need to select on my Samsung A32 5G?  I should have said, I was as close as 50 ft, and further, (varying distances).  My friend has the same plan, using a Pixel 6 pro, and he has the 5G service (on the same Public plan).  So you're correct, maybe there's a setting?  But I went through most of the phone's settings and there wasn't anything obvious that needed to be set.  Any ideas what might need to be set?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have you checked for all the OS updates? Do you have the 5G option available to be selected in the settings on your phone? Antennas have angles of radiation and shadow areas. Being just 50 feet away doesn't mean you're in the right spot.

Need Help? Let's chat.