cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM problems

LyndaW1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had an account for some time. Recently I bought a refurbished phone from Public. I thought, wrongly as it turns out, I could just change the old SIM for the new one in my account and it would connect with the new phone. Now I'm stuck. Neither phone is working and it won't accept the new or old number to change back. HELP! The new SIM, which came with the phone, works in the old phone. How do I get the new one to work?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LyndaW1 : So is the new SIM working on the new phone now?

LyndaW1

Have submitted a ticket. Thanks for the help and the sympathy. I was slowly losing my mind here!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LyndaW1 : Oh good. Glad for some progress. I would still contact the CSA's and switch it all around to allow you to have a new unused SIM. But that's up to you.

Edit: Can you go into the settings and find which network it's connecting to or set it to auto and then set network mode to things like LTE, 3G etc.

LyndaW1

I put the new SIM in the old phone and that works. I don't understand why, when I put it in the new phone it doesn't work.

LyndaW1

I'd gone in and changed the SIM number before I put it in the new phone. The old SIM has been deactivated but the new one doesn't work in the new phone. Messing around now and getting somewhere. I hope.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LyndaW1 : But nor does it say that if you're an existing customer to just move the original SIM over and keep the new SIM on hand.

So you fully shut down the phone, inserted one of the SIM's and no service? The same with the other SIM?

LyndaW1

Thanks Jade. No where does it tell you how to connect if you have an account already. Just too eager to get new customers apparently!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LyndaW1 

you can put it the old SIM card is still Activate one and is will be working

but if you want to change from old SIM to new SIM ?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LyndaW1 

All you need to do is to put the old SIM in the new phone.

But if you activated the new SIM, you need you log into your Self Serve account and click on My Plan>My Usage>change SIM card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LyndaW1 : Oh dear. You didn't need to use that new SIM. You could have just moved the old one over to the new phone.

You will need to contact the moderators. Ask them to re-instate the old SIM onto your account and to clear any connection to the new SIM to let you use it elsewhere or for a referral.

@J_PM : Perhaps it would be more helpful for the CPO buyers and the SIM provided to indicate somewhere that they don't need to use the new SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.