cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not supported

JaredChunesingh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased an iPhone 13 and it says "SIM Not Supported upon" setup. Here are more details it provides

"The SIM that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please install another SIM from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

9 REPLIES 9

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You need to either enter a Bell sim into it the first time (know anybody on Bell?) OR take it to Bell for them to unlock

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JaredChunesingh Just make sure they don't charge you extra to unlock your already purchased phone. It's illegal, if they insist on charging, contact the CCTS immediately.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's not strange it happened all the time with carriers that's why the rules forced them to unlock

but yes go to bell they have to unlock it now 

JaredChunesingh

Thank you. I will try that!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JaredChunesingh 

That is strange that Bell can lock a phone that was manufactured after December 1 2017.

I would recommend you go into a Bell store and have them unlock it for you. Also, they shouldn’t charge you.

Did you buy it from a retailer or privately?

JaredChunesingh

Thanks. Ya, it was brand new and never opened box. 

JaredChunesingh

They bought it from Canada. I did a check online and it says "Carrier: CA Bell/MTS Locked Activation Policy"

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JaredChunesingh 

It sounds like you purchased a non-Canadian iPhone 13 because it is illegal for Canadian carriers to lock phones.

Most carriers in the USA will locked phones to their company.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JaredChunesingh   where did you buy the iPhone? was it from a trusted source? and was the phone from US?

When your iPhone says SIM is not supported, it usually means that your second-hand iPhone or even a new iPhone is locked to a carrier.

You can go to Settings > General > About > Find Carrier Lock and check if it shows No SIM restrictions, then your iPhone is unlocked., otherwise, itis locked

Need Help? Let's chat.