cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not supported

AaronMac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I ordered a SIM and attempted to transfer my phone number from Virgin. Currently using an iPhone 5s (model A1533). Factory reset the phone, setup the WIFI connection, then getting a message that SIM not supported.

Not sure next steps. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Jaydub1488

Best bet is to call the big tgree providers and explaun to them the situation. "Bell.rogersand telus" easy as giving them the phones imei number and theyll unlock free. Dont do all tge lil guys. Big three is a cheaper waste of tim. If that fails then iys an itunes registration issue id bet. Good luck and hope to see u on public mobile

@sandpublic wrote:

@AaronMac wrote:

Hello all,

I ordered a SIM and attempted to transfer my phone number from Virgin. Currently using an iPhone 5s (model A1533). Factory reset the phone, setup the WIFI connection, then getting a message that SIM not supported.

Is your iPhone locked? If yes, you need to get an unlock code and unlock it before using PM.

iPhone devices don't have unlock codes, but yes, I agree that the phone will first need to be unlocked.

@PMOttawa wrote:

@AaronMac wrote:

Hello all,

Go here and put your IMEI (dial *#06# on your phone to discover your IMEI number) to make sure it is supported

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

That's not necessary.  Any Phone that works at Virgin Mobile (Bell-owned) will work at Public Mobile once unlocked.  Furthermore, that checking tools is pretty much next to useless for checking for compatibility.  The database that is checks has many compatibility errors.

AaronMac

Thanks! Confirmed with Virgin was still locked. Just waiting for the unlock email

PMOttawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@AaronMac wrote:

Hello all,

Go here and put your IMEI (dial *#06# on your phone to discover your IMEI number) to make sure it is supported

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@AaronMac wrote:

Hello all,

@AaronMac 

Looks like your iPhone is not unlocked.

You'll need to confirm this by putting the PM sim in a confirmed unlocked phone to see if that works. If so, you'll need to contact your previous cell carrier of your iPhone to have it unlocked.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AaronMac wrote:

Hello all,

Is your iPhone locked? If yes, you need to get an unlock code and unlock it before using PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.