cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not provisioned for voice

mattrod14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone has been with Public and working for a few years no issue. Today I woke up to the message - SIM not provisioned for voice. I have tried resetting the device multiple times, powering it down for a while, take the sim card out and ensured the port was clear and clean. I have cleaned out my cache and storage, tried to force connect to the network and ensured Network Data was on. Any thoughts on how to fix this? 

7 REPLIES 7

@mattrod14 wrote:

This worked. Thanks for the help, the Mod team answered me right away, really impressed. 

Hi @mattrod14 nice to hear that the solution offered by @gpixel helped resolved your problem and that the Moderator_Team answered right away.  Stay safe!  Cheers! 

mattrod14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This worked. Thanks for the help, the Mod team answered me right away, really impressed. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

While in there click the Change Sim Card option.

Green arrow on pic below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Does the last 4 digits on the sim card match the 4 on your account?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mattrod14 

Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  Please report result.

Please note that PM uses 3G for voice calls.  If your phone configured to LTE only, change to auto 3G/LTE so that your phone will switch between 3G and LTE depending on what you are doing.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another phone then try swapping the sim to see if it works.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try reporting your phone lost wait couple of minutes then found, then restart

Can you use data or texts?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mattrod14 

login to your self serve account and click on "change sim" make sure the last 4 digits match the sim card in your phone. if it doesn't match then someone is commiting fraud.

change pass,sim,number~2.jpeg

contact customer support mods if your numbers don't match

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.