cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network unlock PIN

volaxis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tonight when I started my phone up I was presented with: "Sim network unlock PIN"

This is an old phone, i've used it for a few years, its always been unlocked. Ive been on Public Mobile for a year now. Codes like 1234 and 0000 dont work. Tonight its just decided to lock me out of the network. Any number I enter it says "succesfully unlocked" but does not connect and the "Sim network unlock PIN" appears again.

@Shazia_K

@Mary_M

@Simon_O

@MarieHelen_L

106 REPLIES 106

Jessyebony
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please how can i purchase an unlock code

Jessyebony

Good day... Please with regards to sim network unlock pin... My phone which was sent to me is writing sim unlock pin amd i have tried changing d sim yet its still wriritn the same sim unlock pin.

Effectively the same date for both.  If I remuer correctly, some carriers started a bit earlier, but I do not recall who.

yelena78

@mimmo  a écrit :

I thought the Dec 1 date was when they stopped unlocking phones and that they were supposed to unlock phones no matter when they were purchased.

Maybe. But before Dec 1 2017 you had to pay if you wanted to unlock if I get it right? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I thought the Dec 1 date was when they stopped unlocking phones and that they were supposed to unlock phones no matter when they were purchased.

yelena78

@computergeek541  a écrit :

@yelena78 wrote:

Well I actually bought this phone last year. Do you know as of which date they're not supposed to charge for the unlock?

December 1, 2017

Lucky me Smiley Sad I bought mine in November 2017. 

Thanks for information anyway!

@yelena78 wrote:

Well I actually bought this phone last year. Do you know as of which date they're not supposed to charge for the unlock?

December 1, 2017

yelena78

@stonechucker  a écrit :

You should not have paid for the unlock at FIDO.  As of a date last year, all phones bought must be sold unlocked, and/or code provided at no charge.

Also, if you’re an existing or previous customer with a locked phone, the must provide you with an unlock code at no cost.

i would go back and fight for your money back.

They provided me with an unlock code today when I called them. Until now I didn't even realize that the phone wasn't unlocked Smiley Frustrated

yelena78

Good to know. At least they provided me the code to unlock it for free...

Will I need this code in tbe future if I change a provider?

@yelena78 wrote:

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my experience here. When I activated my new PM SIM I was prompted to enter PIN to unlock the SIM. I bought my cellphone at Fido store and I payed to unlock it, but it appears that even if a phone was unlocked, there is a code to enter to unlock when switching SIM. I called Fido, and they provided me with this code (16 digits).

Good luck!

Sorry, but that means that it wasn't unlocked.

There is a a security PIN that a phone can be set to whenever you insert a different sim card in it.  However, you should know that Fido would not be able to provide the security PIN of your Public Mobile sim card (which would have been 1234 by default).

In short, I don't believe your phone was ever unlocked until after you typed in that 16 digit code.

You should not have paid for the unlock at FIDO.  As of a date last year, all phones bought must be sold unlocked, and/or code provided at no charge.

Also, if you’re an existing or previous customer with a locked phone, the must provide you with an unlock code at no cost.

i would go back and fight for your money back.

yelena78

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my experience here. When I activated my new PM SIM I was prompted to enter PIN to unlock the SIM. I bought my cellphone at Fido store and I payed to unlock it, but it appears that even if a phone was unlocked, there is a code to enter to unlock when switching SIM. I called Fido, and they provided me with this code (16 digits).

Good luck!

srlawren

@John88 are you having the same issue?  

Here's how to reach out to the moderator team (e.g. Shazia, Marie Helene, and others) for help:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

John88

@volaxis wrote:

Tonight when I started my phone up I was presented with: "Sim network unlock PIN"

This is an old phone, i've used it for a few years, its always been unlocked. Ive been on Public Mobile for a year now. Codes like 1234 and 0000 dont work. Tonight its just decided to lock me out of the network. Any number I enter it says "succesfully unlocked" but does not connect and the "Sim network unlock PIN" appears again.

@Shazia_K

@Mary_M

@Simon_O

@MarieHelen_L

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Emmagirl18, hi there! 

Hope you're doing fine. For assistance, can you please send us a private message along with your phone# and PIN#?  Thank you! 

Emmagirl18

HI did u ever get the pin mine is doing the same thing would love to know a pin asap please

devarshsagar

Contact the moderator team

Try reading what comes before in this topic... If you still have a question feel free to ask it!

khamis

SIM network unlock PIN problem?

@heathergordon19 wrote:

Also, For some reason Im locked out of my public mobile account!!?? It wont let me log in, forget password, nothing.... PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEE

You are really out of luck... Contact the @CS_Agent by private message, they'll get back to you to help 7nlock your account!

heathergordon19

OK... so i contacted Rogers and they cant find the IMEI in their system... said it could take up to 2 days to hear back from them?!.... Also, For some reason Im locked out of my public mobile account!!?? It wont let me log in, forget password, nothing.... PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEE

@Sweta wrote:

I edited.. Can you edit my lock code too pls? 

Sure, no problem, but that unlock code isn't anything that could in any way be linked back to you. There isn't anything that anyone could do with it.  Once you unlock your phone, it is permanent, and for anyone who has a phone that isn't the one that you already unlocked, that unlock code might as well just be a bunch of random numbers.

Sweta

I edited.. Can you edit my lock code too pls? 

srlawren

Thanks @computergeek541, I was going to mention that but couldn't get to the community earlier (was busy)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Sweta wrote:

Try this

263xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..worked for me.

Unlock codes are unique to each device.  In fact, entering another device's unlock code can only do harm and cause the phone to be permanently locked to one provider if more than a few attempts are made.

Sweta

@srlawren wrote:

@heathergordon19 I think that @computergeek541 is correct, it sounds like your phone is locked to another network. You need to talk to the original carrier to get it unlocked.

I would say the same... That is a confusing message (refering to the SIM), but I've seen it before and it was my phone that was locked, not the SIM!

srlawren

@heathergordon19 I think that @computergeek541 is correct, it sounds like your phone is locked to another network. You need to talk to the original carrier to get it unlocked.

@heathergordon19 wrote:

I have a public mobile sim card.... got a new phone and now its saying sim network locked enter pin.... i need that pin asap....

This isn't something that Public Mobile can provide.  You need to get your phone unlocked. This can be done by contacting the original carrier of the phone or by purchasing an unlock code from an online seller or cell phone repair store.

heathergordon19

I have a public mobile sim card.... got a new phone and now its saying sim network locked enter pin.... i need that pin asap....

Need Help? Let's chat.