cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card sent to a wrong address

Golamparvez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a new sim for my other device. Accidentally it sent to a wrong address. I got an email today saying that it’s delivered now. I realized then that it was not the right address. I still have the original one and using it right now. Should I be worried about my new sim card for misusing? What should I do? I tried to contact the network provider, but due to coronavirus, they are not available right now. Can anyone help me here?

12 REPLIES 12

@JoyLuck wrote:

There is no personal information on the SIM card. I would expect that there would be an invoice receipt with your name on there. There is also a chance the recipient might send it back to PM.

Within Public Mobile sim card shipments, there is nothing in there other than the sim card(s). Sometimes, the order number is on the shipping label, but not always. Other than that the, the only information on that package would be the name and the incorrect (in this case) address.

@JoyLuck wrote:

@Golamparvez wrote:

Can they activate my sim card without me? If not I can totally forget about it, it was free. Due to coronavirus, nobody is willing to open their door probably, who knows!!

Yes, they can.

They just need to go here to activate: 

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

@Golamparvez  As @JoyLuck  mentioned, yes, they CAN activate that SIM card, but it's just a generic card, and is in no way connected to your phone number, and/or account, i.e. should they activate and use that SIM, they'll be doing so with their own newly created account & phone number. If I read your posts here correctly, I THINK that's what you were concerned about? 🤔 

Golamparvez

BTW, thank you all. I appreciate you!!!

Golamparvez

It was a limited offer.

@Golamparvez wrote:

Can they activate my sim card without me? If not I can totally forget about it, it was free. Due to coronavirus, nobody is willing to open their door probably, who knows!!

Yes, they can.

They just need to go here to activate: 

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Golamparvez wrote:

If you can call ahead, they may leave the package outside for you to pick up.

Btw how was your sim card free?

Golamparvez

@Golamparvez wrote:

Accidentally I put the wrong address in.

You can always try an address reverse lookup (eg Canada411) and see if a phone number comes up and call them to explain the situation.

Golamparvez

Accidentally I put the wrong address in.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Golamparvez, by any chance you received an email when you purchased your SIM card online from Public Mobile. If you did, click on 'View Order,' and see the address that 'You' type into the system. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.05.55 AM.png

Once you have the address, just go that address if it's close by (maybe it's down the street), and asked if by chance a Public Mobile package was sent by mistake. Show them the paperwork that was showing that it was mailed here. If they are nice people, I don't see why not they won't give it to you. 

Granted, they may not want to open the door to a total stranger either! 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

There is no personal information on the SIM card. I would expect that there would be an invoice receipt with your name on there. There is also a chance the recipient might send it back to PM.

@Golamparvez wrote:

I ordered a new sim for my other device. Accidentally it sent to a wrong address. I got an email today saying that it’s delivered now. I realized then that it was not the right address. I still have the original one and using it right now. Should I be worried about my new sim card for misusing? What should I do? I tried to contact the network provider, but due to coronavirus, they are not available right now. Can anyone help me here?

If the incorrect address that was provided, Public Mobile has fulfilled its obligation by sending it to the address provided. I would just go ahead and purchase another. If you contact the moderators, I'm not sure you'll like the answer that you receive. Even if you do get a favorable response, I would not expect it in a timely manner and they are they are currenlty running with lower staffing levels.  When you say delivered to the wrong address, do you mean that the shipping company delivered it to an address that's different than what's on the label?

Need Help? Let's chat.