cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card

Wcen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a Sim card online on April 09, 2020 but haven't received it yet. It's more than 8 business days. What can I do?

9 REPLIES 9

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i can do the same If you live by kitchener area I have an extra Sim you could have Send me a message

@iliketotalk wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@iliketotalk wrote:

@Wcen Hi if you take your order number and go on Canada Post website and put it on the tracking  line it will at least tell you where it is or where it went to

This isn't always true. Public Mobile sometimes ship sim cards using Canada Post lettermail. If that is how it was shipped, tracking will not be available.

Personally,  am finding that there are noticeable delays in Canada Post shipments. While usually it's a day or two, I'm finding it not uncommon for letters to take 10 business days to go across the country (Canada Post's goal is 4 business days), and I've had one case of Canada Post not sorting a package at the shipping warehouse for 16 days.

@computergeek541 hi I beg to differ if it was sent by Canada post you will be able to track it, I have on 3 different occasions  

I've ordered sim cards on many more occassions than that. Sometimes, Canada Post Xpresspost is used (which can be tracked), while some other times, Canada Post lettermail is used. I'm going by personal experience rather than what it says on the website.

When/if Public Mobile ships by Canada Post lettermail, this absolutely cannot be tracked.  This would be the same as putting a stamp on an envelope and mailing a letter, except in the case of Public Mobile, they use a meter impresssion. There's no tracking number, and no barcode when they do this.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@iliketotalk wrote:

@Wcen Hi if you take your order number and go on Canada Post website and put it on the tracking  line it will at least tell you where it is or where it went to

This isn't always true. Public Mobile sometimes ship sim cards using Canada Post lettermail. If that is how it was shipped, tracking will not be available.

Personally,  am finding that there are noticeable delays in Canada Post shipments. While usually it's a day or two, I'm finding it not uncommon for letters to take 10 business days to go across the country (Canada Post's goal is 4 business days), and I've had one case of Canada Post not sorting a package at the shipping warehouse for 16 days.

@computergeek541 hi I beg to differ if it was sent by Canada post you will be able to track it, I have on 3 different occasions  

@iliketotalk wrote:

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Wcen 

Canada post is brutal right now, of course for expected reasons. I think you would normally get it in 3 to 5 days. These days its more like 2 weeks. Amazon is slower these days, everything is slower. Hold in there bud.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Wcen your PM order number on your shipping email is your Canda post tracking number. Track your SIM. Given the present situation, I would give them untill next week to get it there. If it's still not there by Wednesday, contact the moderators ( PM customer service) directly through private message here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Not much can be done as you are dependent on Canada Post. 

If you happen to live near western Mississauga, send me a private message. I will throw you a spare SIM from 6' away. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I ordered one online as well,it seems to take longer than usual, i would wait a few, more days,problably in the mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.