cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE SUSPENDED - ACCOUNT PAID UP

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Something has triggered a significant accounting system glitch. Some, not all, accounts are being suspended even though paid up. A queue seems to be building so please plan for at least a day without service.

There is NOTHING you can do to fix this. Therefore, join the queue so your account can be repaired at the earliest time by clicking this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Put "SERVICE DOWN" in the subject line.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Hang in there; like Trump, this too shall pass. 🙏  

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
22 REPLIES 22

@tehrlich, if you can't put up with any disruption in service, you had better have lots of back up options available.

No system is ever 100%.  Yes it is frustrating that you do not have service, but if it's that important, maybe you should take the responsible step(s) of having a redundant option.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think much depends on the need I k ow some people were saying they would be loosing business or daughter was going away and needed phone.... I did it for my dad's account as he is on 25$/month talk and text. And was 1.5 months in.  So not too much of an issue. For others who paid 10 days ago or similar it might be a different.  But again all depends on needs

@Luddite wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite  do you know if doing a plan renewal will fix teh issue?  i can deal with the refund issue at a later date.

@mimmo I don't know. It has not affected me, but my friend was not willing to risk it to gain a day. I personally would never pay a second, or third, time. While PM will eventually "refund" the overpayment to Available Funds, it would mean you are locked into PM for 180 days.

I follow my own suggestions here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

@Vickel wrote:
The moderator team needs to post an announcement with a status update
Keeping silent is not the way to go

@Vickel This is the best for today. If moderators were permitted to post permanent announcements I'm sure there would already be one.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Vickel

I'd love to be able to post an announcement but any official announcement needs to go through marketing first for approval and unfortunately they do not work on the weekend. 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

StickySituation
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service is down as well. I signed up a few days ago....I was really excited to start with PM, but this has turned into a nightmare. I private messaged the team just now, let's see what happens next.

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite  do you know if doing a plan renewal will fix teh issue?  i can deal with the refund issue at a later date.

@mimmo I don't know. It has not affected me, but my friend was not willing to risk it to gain a day. I personally would never pay a second, or third, time. While PM will eventually "refund" the overpayment to Available Funds, it would mean you are locked into PM for 180 days.

I follow my own suggestions here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The moderator team needs to post an announcement with a status update
Keeping silent is not the way to go

tehrlich

Glad to hear it! The mods here are pretty darn good and overwhelmed so kudos to them.

tehrlich

Thank you for the reply. I mean no disrespect. This is obviously a difficult problem but as you are no doubt aware we are all kind of twisting in the wind here. A little reassurance like you just sent goes a long way.

csphone

Mods are working their way through the private-messages list - my service was just restored 🙂 

MarieHelene_L

Hey @tehrlich,

Of course we're working on it, we're not making you wait on purpose I can guarantee that. We answer everyone on a first come first served basis so we'll get to everyone's message eventually. 

Sorry if we're not very active publicly. We try to focus our time on private messages to get everyone back up and running as soon as possible 🙂

Thanks everyone for your patience, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

tehrlich

It would be nice if one of the mods would at least indicate whether progress is being made here. As it is everyone is in limbo wondering when or if they are going to see a resolution.

MarieHelene_L

Hey @dsl

Absolutely no worries about that! It's simply our system that didn't want to cooperate this morning 🙂

Marie

dsl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service is suspended...sent message to moderators.  Any word on personal information being compromised because of this "glitch"?

Raven_Jet
From what I have read, changing to a different card or filling your account with vouchers to have enough to cover the payment might work? I'm not 100% certain.

Let us know if whatever you do works or solves it for now.

mimmo

Raven_Jet
I wonder if it is a random issue or is this for recent subscribers? As new as 3 months? Anyone with an account older than 3 months affected?

SD08

This is what I've found are the typical symptoms/characteristics of the glitch:

• service has halted (can't make calls or use data)
  • just passed regular payment due date
  • credit card was charged on renewal date
  • account shows a large credit balance (available funds)
  • account does not necessarily indicate expired/suspended status
  • attempts to make calls results in a message to dial *611

See here for a spate of recent examples:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Auto-Payment-didn-t-go-through/m-p/178888...

mimmo

I hope PM actually gives the customeres affected a little bonus (account credit or something) for the inconvience.  for others a less than perfect Freedom network (weekend promo) might be better than a buggy nd what seems unfixable portal. 

K_GL

same problem to me this morning,send pm to mod get help,everything working fine now

Santost

i have the same problme with one of my phones

and it forced me to make another payment... 

cant call out or get calls ....  hard to be a day with out a phone.

tehrlich

Yeah, Fongo is OK if you need to make a call but you remain unreachable because no one else knows your number. meh.

Need Help? Let's chat.