cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards for Community Engagement

danie_ditz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much do you get off your bill for community enagement, and how much must you engage? I mean I assume replying to one thread is not $1 off your bill, so does anyone know how it works? Does creating threads also apply? New to Public, and always looking for ways to save! 🙂

22 REPLIES 22

@LoreckAvery wrote:

Thanks for asking this! I was just looking to see if there was a guideline to be able to see how to actually receive a reward for community involvement!

This might help.

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for asking this! I was just looking to see if there was a guideline to be able to see how to actually receive a reward for community involvement!

HumbleBee

those top tiers look less appealing once you break it down like that 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@troyfy wrote:

Honestly, though this community is awesome! I hate how condescending the Tech people are when you have a problem with other mobile providers. Is your phone turned on? Did you insert the sim card properly? Asus phone?

@troyfy 

Yes, it can sound condescending, but to be fair, the troubleshooting process has to cover the bases.  Sometimes the simplest explanations can be the one that solves the issue.  Not all customers are tech-savvy and they can miss seemingly obvious solutions.  We even see that happen here in the forum.  I would rather a tech-support agent go through the process and catch simple things than have them skip steps and possibly get into a more complicated procedure unnecessarily.  There's a reason they ask these questions and it's not because they want to be condescending.  From that perspective, it's a bit of a darned-if-you-do, darned-if-you-don't situation for the CSR. 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@troyfy wrote:

Good point! I will go pick up bottles down by the river. I will help the environment and probably make more than being here.

Honestly, though this community is awesome! I hate how condescending the Tech people are when you have a problem with other mobile providers. Is your phone turned on? Did you insert the sim card properly? Asus phone? We don't sell those phones sir, please return it immediately and purchase a Fido phone!

@Anonymous is right.  We don't know the level of technical knowledge a person has when it comes to cellular phones and service.  If the person doesn't provide enough details for their issue, the basic questions need to be asked.  

@troyfy wrote:

I was wondering the same thing! Is there a way to know when and if you hit these milestones? Or do you just have to contribute and hope you get that dollar community credit?

There are no preset milestones for levels of participation required for each level.  It changes from month to month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@troyfy wrote:

Good point! I will go pick up bottles down by the river. I will help the environment and probably make more than being here.

Honestly, though this community is awesome! I hate how condescending the Tech people are when you have a problem with other mobile providers. Is your phone turned on? Did you insert the sim card properly? Asus phone? We don't sell those phones sir, please return it immediately and purchase a Fido phone!

Well...sometimes y'just gotta ask the basic questions. People forget things. How often does a simple restart "fix" a problem?

@troyfy wrote:

It would just be nice to know when I get that $1 or $5. It sounds like a difference between minutes and hours spent in the community. Hours spent trying to achieve the $5 credit and failing seems like wasted time...

I was just hoping there might be a notification, like when you get the badges.

That implies that you are doing this for the money... 😉

A)  Public Mobile does not disclose the exact formula for good reason.

B) I think the percentage of total posts in a month does play into the threshold between reward levels, so that can change until the last days of the month. March was a classic example for that - with the promos ending end of the month there was a spike in new members at the same time. So we might potentially have one more 10%er than in February?

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@troyfy wrote:

It would just be nice to know when I get that $1 or $5. It sounds like a difference between minutes and hours spent in the community. Hours spent trying to achieve the $5 credit and failing seems like wasted time...

They seem to have abandoned the community reward badges.

Update: badges. Not sure if they're FOR Feb or just Mar.

As the joke goes...it's a better use of your time and more profitable to return bottles for deposit refund than to spend all the hours here.

So it's really about having an interest in helping people. The monetary reward is just a nice little thank you. The real reward (for me) is seeing people off with a working service by way of how I helped get them there.

This place ain't profitable for time spent.

troyfy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@troyfy wrote:

I was wondering the same thing! Is there a way to know when and if you hit these milestones? Or do you just have to contribute and hope you get that dollar community credit?

There are no milestones. Just participate however much you like and maybe you'll get a little somethin' somethin' each month.

$1, $5, $10, $15. The $20 in all the promotional material is only for the so-called Oracles. The Oracles are by invite only.

troyfy

zork1984

@SLOPES wrote:

Whats more importasnt than a small reward is keeping the community alie and helpful. We have a great proivider with good prices becuase it relies on this community involvement.

That's so true.  I usually just check the forum every so often, and most of the time I see queries responded within minutes.  In a way it is faster than calling into a call centre.

lanashirley7

I couldn't agree more! I had a recent incident that was resolved very quickly do to helpful guidance from the Community and excellent work of the moderator.  

SLOPES

@lanashirley7Its quite impressive and the mod team is extremely helpful.

SLOPES

I have been onthe forum for one month, and do not post often but try to help when I can. Many top users will comment with the help the poster needs before you can get there, but comment where you can (in a helpful manner) and you might be surprised. I wasnt going for any rewards and receieved the $1 in my first month.

Whats more importasnt than a small reward is keeping the community alie and helpful. We have a great proivider with good prices becuase it relies on this community involvement.

lanashirley7

Thanks for the clear information.  I am new to Public Mobile and am very impressed with the Community forum. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@danie_ditz 

@Martin wrote:

Rewards are based on Bravos received, Bravos given, Accepted Solutions, ideas posted in the Public Lab, and ideas implemented from the Public Lab. Plus, posting new content, giving full and complete answers, and engaging in lively discussions. In summary, it's to acknowledge and reward efforts made to better this community.

danie_ditz might want to know who the heck Martin is and why should he care what he has to say. (I know)

And danie_ditz, the Public Lab is no longer.

He is a legend 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@danie_ditz 

@Martin wrote:

Rewards are based on Bravos received, Bravos given, Accepted Solutions, ideas posted in the Public Lab, and ideas implemented from the Public Lab. Plus, posting new content, giving full and complete answers, and engaging in lively discussions. In summary, it's to acknowledge and reward efforts made to better this community.

danie_ditz might want to know who the heck Martin is and why should he care what he has to say. (I know)

And danie_ditz, the Public Lab is no longer.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@danie_ditz wrote:

How much do you get off your bill for community enagement, and how much must you engage? I mean I assume replying to one thread is not $1 off your bill, so does anyone know how it works? Does creating threads also apply? New to Public, and always looking for ways to save! 🙂

@danie_ditz 

@Martin wrote:

The more you do, the less you get (time vs reward). It usually takes only a handful of helpful posts to get $1, but it takes 100's and 100's to get $15. To get $20 you must be for at least a year and in the top ranks. Just check things out and help as you can and you will see a reward.

I estimate it generally takes minutes to get $1 per month, about an hour per month to get $5, but 100+ hours to get $15.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@danie_ditzYou can read about rewards here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Knowone knows exactly how they calculate who gets which rewards, but the more you participate the more you're likely to get.

Need Help? Let's chat.