cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resend porting request

annabuznytska
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to resend a request to port my phone number from my old provider to public mobile.I need a phone number to call to speak with someone from public mobile. I no longer have the SIM card for the old carrier

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@annabuznytska 

If you're old carrier was Koodo or TELUS, you don't need the old SIM card or service to be active.

Just call the port assistance number provided by @softech and they'll assist to move the number over.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@annabuznytska 

which one is your old provider? Since you don't have the old sim,  this is something you need to work out with them before calling PM to resend the porting request .  You need to work will old provider and ask them to allow a verbal approval instead of sms 

I will still send you the porting team number Theyy can re-trigger the process for you  but call them after you sort out with your old provider. I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

@annabuznytska wrote:

I need to resend a request to port my phone number from my old provider to public mobile.I need a phone number to call to speak with someone from public mobile. I no longer have the SIM card for the old carrier

When it comes to not having your old carrier's SIM, you will need to replace that SIM card so that you can approve the number transfer.  For ways arouund, only the old carrier can help you out.

After sorting things out with the old carrier (or replacng the SIM card at the old carrier), please open a ticket using the Public Mobile chatbot.  I do realize that's not a phone number but Public Mobile customer support agents can perform your requested task of resending the number porting request.  The chatbot link is at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.