cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration

Maelstrom40
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was going through the process of activating my sim, and got to point of picking a number. I picked ON for province and it hung up. Circle just kept going, waited almost 5 minutes and was still loading. So I refreshed and took me to where I entered all my information and said sim was invalid. So need to redo it.

7 REPLIES 7

@Maelstrom40 

If you STILL do not have active service even though your payment card was charged and the self-serve displays service as "active", then try:

1. reset network settings, if that doesn't work...
  2. completely power down device
  3. completely remove SIM card
  4. power up device to complete start
  5. re-insert SIM card

Worst case you have to contact a Moderator.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Maelstrom40 

After activating a new Public Mobile account, service starts immediately. If the service isn't working, there is a problem.

Maelstrom40
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much, I was able to activate. How long does it usually take before I have service? Probably a couple hours?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Maelstrom40 I have had similar issues when activating as well. I think it took me about five tires with all the correct info. A mod helped out and said that I would wait 30-60 between tries, once I did that it worked. If you need to contact a mod just click on the little text bubble on the bottom right of the screen. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Maelstrom40 

Given you started this thread about an hour ago, you should be good to go now.

Make sure to clear cookies and cache, and best to open an incognito tab to restart the process.

With the activation processes, it's best not to 'refresh' or hit the 'back' button or you may find similar such errors.  

One of those finnicky unusual thing with Public Mobile.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Maelstrom40 

Not sure if you input your credit card information.  If you did, just make sure that your credit card was not charged.  

If not charged, you can try again.  Maybe wait about one hour.  Clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser may help also. 

Need Help? Let's chat.