cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for Service @Moderator_Team

sanibediako
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi, I recently got a public mobile sim with service for $25, and the line is active but it is not working in my samsung s5 mini phone. I have tried it in another phones but I want to use it for the samsung S5 mini for my daughter's phone. Therefore I am unable to use the service and would like a refund because I paid through my credit card. @CS_Agent
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

I think, but am not sure, that there is some CRTC regulation that allows for cancelling a phone contract within a few days of activation provided minimal service has been used. 

I'm no lawyer but I think you might be referring to contract law where you get 7 days to extract yourself from a contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sanibediako wrote:

Just cancel the plan.

Cancel or canceled?

If the mods won't refund your credit card (which is generally rare) then you can call it a lesson learned and log into your account and remove autopay and credit card and let it lapse.

Were you able to find any other options to continue though as offered above?

sanibediako

Just cancel the plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sanibediako It's not that hard.  Here's how to find your model number:

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015415428-How-to-Find-the-Model-Number-of-Sam...

Personally I think you didn't confirm your phone will work with Public Mobile OR you didn't get it unlocked, or both.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@sanibediako You can ask for, but there is no requirement you be given, a refund. To do so, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount.

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in a few hours, but can take a few days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sanibediako

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sanibediako which version of the s5 mini do you have?  e.g. is it a G800F, G800A, G800HQ, G800H, G800M, G800R4, G800Y, G800H/DS, or something else?  Did you purchase it from a unlocked from a Samsung Experience retail store, or though a carrier?  If the latter, did you have them unlock it for you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Here is a link to the wireless code.  The code does not mandate terms for refunds.  So, the terms and conditions for this service applies with no further remedies. 

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sanibediako wrote:
Hi, I recently got a public mobile sim with service for $25, and the line is active but it is not working in my samsung s5 mini phone. 

Is your phone locked?  If so, have you tried getting it unlocked?

@ShawnC13 wrote:
@sanibediako wrote:
Hi, I recently got a public mobile sim with service for $25, and the line is active but it is not working in my samsung s5 mini phone. I have tried it in another phones but I want to use it for the samsung S5 mini for my daughter's phone. Therefore I am unable to use the service and would like a refund because I paid through my credit card. @CS_Agent

This is a prepaid service, if it is working but just not on the phone you want that is not PMs fault.  There is no refunds

I think, but am not sure, that there is some CRTC regulation that allows for cancelling a phone contract within a few days of activation provided minimal service has been used. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sanibediako wrote:

This is a prepaid service, if it is working but just not on the phone you want that is not PMs fault.  There is no refunds

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darkstar107

Send a direct message to the moderator team using the link below.  Provide the 4 digit pin you set when you created the account as well as your name and phone number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/22...

Need Help? Let's chat.