cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code question

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

My referral code has either the number zero or a capital letter O.  How can I be sure which one it is?

32 REPLIES 32

Tighe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Highlight/select the code and have your device read it to you or copy and paste to a device that can. I pasted it to Notes, selected the code and used “spell” option. 

Just click the link in your MY ACCOUNT then your browser will open with the linked information IN FULL (not in link form) then copy  that information from your browser....no human keying....just click (the link), copy from browser, and paste wherever. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

activate.publicmobile.ca/?raf=

The code goes after the equal sign.

I tried that but couldn’t tell if it is an Oh or a Zero in my code.... 

(We’ve now officially gone full circle In this topic)!

AE_Collector

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS Public Mobile needs to stop using the letter s the number 5 the letter o and the number 0. These get confused so often. I have a O in mine as well and many times people call me back to ask if its a letter or a number. I remeber early on someone shared their referral with me and in their message they litterally wrote out the third digit is athe number zero. LOL

@ShawnC13 

I do have both of mine memorized so i usually write it down or type it in when i get to the referral code box on the form.....just seems to be a lot of steps to log in.....wait....then actually see the overview page....highlight copy then paste..... much quicker just to type in the 6 characters.

@darlicious wrote:

I've never done it that way before I just go to the main page....still so much to learn!

LOL ok copy and paste into a new browser that is using incognito mode?  Or are you more of a cut and tape person.  I have a coworker that does this instead of using the computer some things look like a ransom letter lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Oh ok I get it ....still seems like more work. That would confuse my target referrals they are definitely analogue. And they aren't the ones activating I would be doing it for them. But thx!

If you are activating for them, log into your account and click your referral link and the code will already be entered.

Me neither. Would it possibly get confused with an account already logged in in that browser? Might I suggest opening the link in another browser? Not sure of the impact of still being logged in.

I've never done it that way before I just go to the main page....still so much to learn!

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Oh ok I get it ....still seems like more work. That would confuse my target referrals they are definitely analogue. And they aren't the ones activating I would be doing it for them. But thx!

If you are activating for them, log into your account and click your referral link and the code will already be entered.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

I dont even know how to share my code as a link....it only ever gets written down or typed.

It's pretty slick actually. I tried pre-filling some other fields but I didn't get anywhere.

h t t p s://activate. publicmobile. ca/?raf=your code here

Edit: speedy gonzales up there

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

I dont even know how to share my code as a link....it only ever gets written down or typed.

activate.publicmobile.ca/?raf=

The code goes after the equal sign.

@ShawnC13 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Edited to add:  I  either email or text my link that is why I never thought of it being sent written out to someone

There's still a whole analogue world out there 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

We aren't talking about handwriting.   Let's just stay on topic, if there is still more need to talk about the referral codes.  I think this one was solved.

Jeez. We're talking about interpreting the characters. So you write it down on a piece of paper so your friend can go use it when he signs up himself or in a store. Oh crap he says. Is that an O? etc. I'd say that's on topic thank you very much.

@Anonymous, my apologies I didn't think of it in that context

Edited to add:  I  either email or text my link that is why I never thought of it being sent written out to someone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

We aren't talking about handwriting.   Let's just stay on topic, if there is still more need to talk about the referral codes.  I think this one was solved.

Jeez. We're talking about interpreting the characters. So you write it down on a piece of paper so your friend can go use it when he signs up himself or in a store. Oh crap he says. Is that an O? etc. I'd say that's on topic thank you very much.

Or copy the BC licence plate restrictions. 

Letters I, O, Q, U, Y, Z are not used. Since alpha-numeric plates were introduced in 1970, the province developed series based on a 10-character progression for no other reason than the archaic license-office rotary stamps of the day were still keyed to all-numeric platesthat were the B.C. style up to that year.

When you give out your referral code copy and paste it or the link from your My Account.  It would be nice if PM would not use O or a 0 or state that they don’t one or the other. 

@Anonymous wrote:

And then you get into hand writing.

Is that a 7 or a 2

A 2 or a Z

A 1 or an l

A 4 or a 9

A C or a G

A B or an 8

An S or a 5

And yes an O or a 0

Anonymous
Not applicable

And then you get into hand writing.

Is that a 7 or a 2

A 2 or a Z

A 1 or an l

A 4 or a 9

A C or a G

A B or an 8

An S or a 5

And yes an O or a 0

@darlicious 

Still, all things considered, that is one bad referral code!

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

I was feeling bad for my friend with two "O's" two zeroes and a Q but now that i think about it having a side by side comparison is better than having a single zero or "O".

I don't find the Q to be the least bit of an issue. I do agree with you that when you have a zero and a letter O both in the same code, that isn't so bad.

Indeed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

I hear ya.   Too bad zero isn't displayed as a slashed zero to distinguish it from the letter O.

Yes Arial is trapped in the stylesheet of the page. (if I interpret things right)

@AE_Collector 

I was feeling bad for my friend with two "O's" two zeroes and a Q but now that i think about it having a side by side comparison is better than having a single zero or "O".

I hear ya.   Too bad zero isn't displayed as a slashed zero to distinguish it from the letter O.

Another frustration around here. Not sure what they were thinking when they didn’t remove certain letters and numbers from the inventory before assigning these new codes are year or more ago. Mine is ALL Letters except a 4 in the fifth position. All fine except the sixt position has a O making it look far more like the six position code ends with the number 40 ... for example ABCD4O. I have to say “ABCD4 Oh, letter Oh not zero at the end”.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

It's difficult to tell.  I'll copy that digit here maybe you can weigh in. 

This is the copied item:

O

Looks like an oh to me.

Try a different font.

O0 - Courier New

O0 - arial

O0 - Times New Roman

The O is rounder as mentioned.

@HALIMACS wrote:

This is the copied item:

O

That looks like the letter O to me.  It's probably best to copy or use the link when using your referral code.  Quite a few users have the same problem with a few letters/digits in the referral code.

@HALIMACS wrote:

This is the copied item:

O

I would say that is the letter O not a 0

Need Help? Let's chat.