cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer-A-Friend

jt97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know if you are able to move those rewards to another account?

I want to switch to the $45/4GB plan but will lose nearly $30 of rewards.

11 REPLIES 11

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13amwrote:

@mimmowrote:

@jt97wrote:

That is the main reason i am not moving.  hopefully you don't loose too many rewards in the next few days.I lost a couple so  far so will see what happens closer to the date.  signed up koodo refera friend already so will getthe 50$ incase i switch.

It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't squeeze play.  If you wait past Wednesday, you lose access to $150 discount on eligible phones.  If you wait past Thursday, you lose the $50 referral.  It drops to $25 starting Friday.  The trend for me is the referral bleeding is faster and gaining momentum. 

@will13am You mention loose $150 discount on eligible phones.  I 've seen the Koodo deal/ promo page & it's mostly LG phones & there's the thread about iPhone SE & 6 (which are a bit old). Is that whatu r referring to? 

Wouldn't there be new offers March 1 - that's what I was hoping - that they'd be an offer/ promo on a phone I actually want- like a new 6s for kid/ spouse or Pixel 2 for me...

And yes been a busy thoughtful 2 weeks.  I've asked a friend for a referral too & think i have it ready.  I don't have any friend rewards here - so just basic $2 + $1 & usually community reward but I figured the $100 credit to go + $50 refer then hopefully some $ off a phone will offset the slightly more each month.  I don't expect to use the Canada wide & only use ~2Gb/mo of data so keeping base price down with less would have been tempting but hey the phone discount might be worth it.  I plan to keep my wife here for the longer USA trips & no surprise roam extras. 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13amwrote:

@mimmowrote:

@jt97wrote:

That is the main reason i am not moving.  hopefully you don't loose too many rewards in the next few days.I lost a couple so  far so will see what happens closer to the date.  signed up koodo refera friend already so will getthe 50$ incase i switch.

It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't squeeze play.  If you wait past Wednesday, you lose access to $150 discount on eligible phones.  If you wait past Thursday, you lose the $50 referral.  It drops to $25 starting Friday.  The trend for me is the referral bleeding is faster and gaining momentum. 

It's been a very interesting strategy. Instead of the brute-force play from a couple weeks ago to everyone it's now "some get it via text, some via phone, etc" thing. Divide and conquer to avoid the huge outburst again.

As you've said before - go where the deal is best.

@mimmowrote:

@jt97wrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@jt97wrote:

@jt97 why not go for 5GB Data for $40 just show this Promo Code ( GOKOODO405GBBPO  ) and if you want Koodo referral $50 private message me

Your phone number is also required to obtain these deals as they were only offered to select customers/plans

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Blame on Telus. anyway all money going to same pot

If I needed that much data I would too. Expect I will lose at least one referral next month to the Koodo offer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite just hedging bets.  love the image its so accurate.

OH NO, say it isn't so @mimmo. You may be leaving? Robot Sad You no longer enjoy trying to convince PM to change its ways, huh?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jt97wrote:

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jt97wrote:

@jt97 why not go for 5GB Data for $40 just show this Promo Code ( GOKOODO405GBBPO  ) and if you want Koodo referral $50 private message me

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry, not possible. 

Need Help? Let's chat.