cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering previous number

JuliaL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I was a public mobile user and I left the country for some months. When I got back my account was no longer active. I got a new sim card and open an account, but I would like to get my previous phone number (it is not assigned yet). How should I proceed?  I have not selected a new number yet.

Julia 

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JuliaL 

Once your account is cancelled for nonpayment longer than 90 days. Your old number will be returned to the carrier you got the number from.

You can check who the carrier owns your old number:

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-carrier-lookup 

If it belongs to Telus or Koodo…there is a slim chance you can get it back. If this is the case, private message a CS_Agent to see if it is possible to get your old number back but don’t hold your breath.

If it belongs to other carriers, your only option is to pick a new number.

MWolfe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can also try importing the number in the app when registering and see if that works.

Have a good wekend 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JuliaL 

it might or might not be doable

first, did you port in your number from another provider other than Koodo or Telus??  if so, then sorry, no,  The number would have been returned back to that other provider after the account was closed

But if you got it new  from Public Mobile (or Koodo or Telus), then there is  a slight chance you can get it back, depends if the number is still available and if support willing to help.  Open ticket with them by messaging them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Good Luck
Need Help? Let's chat.