cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving text message from Bank

jntbndr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to receive text messages from my bank.  When ever I want to do on line banking they text me a security code that I must type in before I can continue logging in and I no longer can receive these.  We just made the switch to Public Mobile and it has not worked since.  Any idea why?  I can receive all other text messages.  I also had the bank switch cell numbers on my account and when they have it sent to my sons phone it works fine.  He is also a Public Mobile user so it has something to do with my phone and my account.  I would appreciate any help.

9 REPLIES 9

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check if Telus is listed on your cellphone provider list from your bank if Public Mobile is not listed.  Also it might help sometime if you list your number as a +1 then area code then your number proper.

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jntbndr 

What is your bank?

You might have to re-register your number with your bank.  Some banks and companies require you to specify your provider when registering your number.  This was the case after I ported from Fido to PM.  I had to delete my number at Vancity then re-register, specifying Telus (PM was not listed) as my provider.  Only then did I start receiving texts again.

@jntbndr Is your bank included on the list in the link I posted? That is the key question I think.

jntbndr

I can also receive text messages from any other cell phone provider. 

@jntbndr Visit the link I posted and click on the "Spoiler". It shows accepted short codes

Edit: If you are receiving codes from the bank on your phone, you should check the list I posted the link to.

jntbndr

I have no idea what this is.  I do not do banking through my phone.  I do it on a lap top so not sure this applies.

jntbndr

It has been more than 48 hrs and I checked to make sure all the porting was complete and it is.  Not sure that is the issue.  Turned the phone on and off to let everything reset.  Still no change.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jntbndr wrote:

I am unable to receive text messages from my bank.  When ever I want to do on line banking they text me a security code that I must type in before I can continue logging in and I no longer can receive these.  We just made the switch to Public Mobile and it has not worked since.  Any idea why?  I can receive all other text messages.  I also had the bank switch cell numbers on my account and when they have it sent to my sons phone it works fine.  He is also a Public Mobile user so it has something to do with my phone and my account.  I would appreciate any help.

@jntbndr Have a look at this thread, they talk about there.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

@jntbndr wrote:

There's a possibility that these messages are being blocked for the first 48 hours after number porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.