cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivated Account - Network Issue

PraveenGabriel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I lost my iPhone SE and had to immediately freeze my account. After few days, I then purchased the sim online and inserted it on a Samsung Galaxy A03 phone and since then I can't receive calls nor texts. Please assist. 

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PraveenGabriel 

You will have to use the email option for the 2FA verification code to be sent to in order to swap your sim card. If you cannot use this option then you will have to contact customer support to swap the SIM card for you after verifying your account.

Out of curiosity did you use the option to swap sim cards before resuming your service via lost/stolen? I am just wondering how this worked as this option was not possible in the old self-serve account as you could not perform any changes in your account while suspended via lost/stolen.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PraveenGabriel  - your phone number/account follows the sim card.

So you will need to have the old sim number swapped with the new sim number you obtained (edit to add..as @HALIMACS asked if that was done)

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PraveenGabriel 

Did you use the "Change SIM" card option under self-serve to associate the new SIM card with your account?

After that, remove the "LOST/STOLEN" designation under self serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.