cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone Update and APN settings

mautacus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone. So I got just activated my public mobile sim card and data is not working  on my iphone 5s (only ordered data). 

I've tried pretty much everything possible listed on all of these different community posts such as configuring proper APN settings, restarting, reinstalling sim, network settings reset, everything. It lists public mobile and 3G with signal, but just opening safari I would be prompted by "Could not activate cellular data network, You are not subscribed to a cellular data service" I tried using the sim on an android and it works on that, just not on my iphone, it's never connected even once. 

My iphone is from Japan but I bought it at the apple store and it's completely unlocked, I've used different network providers in Japan with no problem, I was just using a friend's Wind Mobile sim with no problem. But with this sim nothing is working. 

I don't know what else to do. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ranmercer wrote:

Having problems for my Aunt's iphone with data...how do I get to "general-profile"? I can't see it under settings or general settings

If you go into Settings -> General, and then you don't see a Profiles option, then you don't have any Profiles installed, which can define things like APN, VPN, etc.  If you do have one, then deleting it will ensure it isn't over-riding the required settings for data to work.

Furthermore, to troubleshoot your aunt's iPhone, I would check Settings -> General -> About, and see what is under "Carrier".  As of this writing it should be Public Mobile 32.0.  If not, then this is probably the problem.  You can update it by ensuring the iPhone is connected to and authenticated on a WiFi network, and then going into Settings -> General -Software Update to download the carrier settings.

ranmercer

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hey @mautacus

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with setting up your phone. 

I have reviewed your account and everything seems to be in order, can you try going to the settings of your phone and then general-profile and make sure that there is no existing profile, if there is a profile then please delete it. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Having problems for my Aunt's iphone with data...how do I get to "general-profile"? I can't see it under settings or general settings

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @mautacus!

Happy to hear this was resolved quicly with help of Shazia.  

This is quite well known for those of us who travel frequently and use different sim cards in different coutnries with iPhones.  I hope you enjoy the awesome LTE coverage with PM. 

mautacus

AMAZING. this did it. 

thank you soooooooo much. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @mautacus

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with setting up your phone. 

I have reviewed your account and everything seems to be in order, can you try going to the settings of your phone and then general-profile and make sure that there is no existing profile, if there is a profile then please delete it. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.