cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how to make my number unknown when I am calling someone

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have an iPhone and have disabled the "Show my caller id" ---- this works and when I make voice calls the recipient sees "unknown caller".  HOWEVER when I text it displays my phone number. Any suggestions how to also hide my number from texts?

PS - I think that just maybe my number is shown because persons I text usually have my number and I theirs in the phones phone book. 

2 REPLIES 2

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wayworn 
Like Chalupa said using the code #31# then enter the phone number, it will show up as private number or unknown.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Wayworn wrote:

I have an iPhone and have disabled the "Show my caller id" ---- this works and when I make voice calls the recipient sees "unknown caller".  HOWEVER when I text it displays my phone number. Any suggestions how to also hide my number from texts?

Great question. I am thinking that laws set out by Government bodies only protect a person's animality by making calls. I do not believe that text messages are covered under this law. I saw this years ago but can't remember the legal definitions. 

I tried Googling when #31# (mobile phones) or *67 (landlines) was introduced but Google isn't helping me. LOL.

I haven't tried this but...   you can test this theory if you want to try. When texting someone for the first time, enter #31# and then the area code and then number. See if that works. I'm too lazy to try myself as I just made my first cup of coffee for the day. LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.